Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
S/o how long does it take you to put on makeup?
Previous  1  2

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:24 am
5 minutes daily
Mosturizer, foundation, brow liner, blush, lisptick
20 minutes Erev shabbos
Full face, concealers, bronzers, highlighters, eyeshadow, liner mascara, plus whatever I use daily.

Tzutzie

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:28 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Ten minutes

I worked at Elizabeth Arden counter in my 20s and learned all the tricks of the trade

Though a little secret, if you dont smile and always look farbissen , all the makeup in the world wont help you

Love this. So true. A smile doesn't take time. A wink will do you! Wink

ShishKabob

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:50 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Ten minutes

I worked at Elizabeth Arden counter in my 20s and learned all the tricks of the trade

Though a little secret, if you dont smile and always look farbissen , all the makeup in the world wont help you
Love this too! So true, spot on!!!! Smile

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:59 am
So funny because today I am putting on makeup because I am meeting the outside world.

The skin care regime really takes almost no time. I keep my stuff at my desk actually and put it on while I am checking email.

Time really depends. I can put on basic stuff like foundation, blush, a swipe of mascara and mascara in a very few minutes.

However, if I really want to do makeup, I take a lot of time with my eyes - that is where I put a lot of effort and creativity because they are my most striking feature so that can take a long time to do properly - eye primer; different shades of eyeshadow; tight line in the water line; eye liner; brows;

The eyeshadow when I really do an eye - all over light color; transition color in the crease; highlight under the brow; different colors so that my hooded eyes look bigger and pop; eye shadow under the eye; kohl in the waterline; eye liner.

I also got these relatively easy "magnetic" eyelashes which I have started using. They are interesting because the eyeliner is "magnetic" and the lashes have tiny magnets so they pop onto the lids much more easily than glue type since I am a klutz. I was admiring my friend's eyes and she wears lashes - they look pretty natural on her and she wears them every day even with a casual look. I only wear for special occasions. If you are into makeup, you should try them out. If you don't like them, it's not a big investment and maybe your daughter will get use from them for her special occasions.

Amarante

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 11:19 am
Not to hijack but a wonderful treat/present for yourself, a friend or your daughter is a subscription to one of the beauty boxes. I have discovered some wonderful products and if I can't use something or don't like something, I give it to a friend or you can even donate to woman's shelter type places.

They range in price from about $12 to $25 and there are a few very luxurious ones that are a bit more. But generally you get product values that exceed the price of the box by quite a lot - a $12 box will have products worth $75 and the $25 boxes will have products worth at least $150 or so and sometimes more.

It's a wonderful surprise treat and if you have a circle of friends or a few daughters nothing goes to waste.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 11:32 am
I only put on primer, foundation, eyeshadow, mascara and lipstick. It probably takes under 5 minutes.

Judy2598

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 11:56 am
I enjoy applying my makeup so it can take anywhere between 10-20 minutes. Its very relaxing for me! Very Happy
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics