Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
San Diego June July Aug is it hot ?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:30 am
Dislike humid weather , anyone know / been to know what the weather temperatures tend to be summer time ? Thanks!

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:38 am
No. It’s lovely there year round

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:39 am
Always beautiful weather there. Not humid, more of a dry heat. Probably in the 80 degree range. Hardly ever rains.

Amarante

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 12:27 pm
San Diego isn't humid but it can get hot especially in August and September which are hotter than June and July typically.

I live in Southern California and was often in San Diego taking kids to Sea World and other attractions. It is definitely "hot" especially in the sun but not in the intolerable way that it is back East. If you are out of the sun, it is generally fairly comfortable unless there is a real heat wave. And it always cools down after the sun goes down to the point where you would need a sweater if you are planning to sit outside.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 12:33 pm
I was in San Diego a few summers ago and it was a humid 93 degrees...

Amarante

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 12:37 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I was in San Diego a few summers ago and it was a humid 93 degrees...

Yes it can get that way but it isn't typical although you can be unlucky and hit it when there is a heat wave - more typically in August or September.

When particularly ghastly time I had booked a Roar and Snore at the San Diego Zoo for a night in August and it was a week when it was hitting all time records. I think the temperature was over 100 degrees during the day.

But typically San Diego weather is much more tolerable than weather back East in the summer. But is is most definitely still "summer". The best weather for me since I don't like hot weather is the winter in California when the weather is often just like a perfect Fall day back east.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics