Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Mevakshei hashem/moshlo - Brooklyn

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:43 pm
what the difference between both Mevakshei hashem/moshlo - Brooklyn. how does the crowd and school differ

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:57 pm
There was a post recently here where I explained that I worked in Moshlo a f would not recommend it.
Asked a sheila b4 and was told that it's ok to tell people not to send there

Just One

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 8:09 pm
They are very different. Mevakshei Hashem is great if you can get in

country

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 8:32 pm
in what way are they different

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 8:39 pm
Mevakshei hashem is a neutral chassidish crowd. Very nice parent body. Moshlo has more of a modern/cool chassidish crowd.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 9:12 pm
the person who worked there. why wouldn't u send to mosholu?

amother
Oak

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 9:24 pm
I have family in Moshlo and they are very happy there.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:01 pm
My kids are in Mosholo and we’re so so happy. BH.
The admin (and English) department could use some help but the rebbeim and the menhael are so good. The classes are small and the boys get attention and care. They learn so much and thrive with the small classes. I also love that it is a mix of chasidus so no one sided stuff going on. I also love that my kids are friends with all different kids of different ages not just their classmates.

The crowd is mostly more modern chasidish but there are some non-modern chasidsh. They don’t make you nuts about internet and phone just ask you have a filter and the kids don’t have unguarded access.

Mevakshei Hashem is a little more cliquey as in its very hard to get into, the crowd is more heimish chasidus, they have a long list of rules and it’s known to be more “elite”.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:59 am
Try to get into mevakshei
It’s certainly a better option
If you don’t get in the mishloach is a good second option

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 11:06 am
which is more chasidish? im looking for more heimish (not cool) rather than chasidish

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 1:22 pm
im the one who worked there
I wonder if the mothers that send there know what goes on in all honesty. that place is on wheels!!!!!!!
when I first came in to work in the office the menahel was on vacation without anyone to take over and was away for 2 weeks
I found the whole hanhala was very disorganized
and the mevakshei crowd is definitely more heimish rather then cool chasidish

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 1:30 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I wonder if the mothers that send there know what goes on in all honesty. that place is on wheels!!!!!!!
when I first came in to work in the office the menahel was on vacation without anyone to take over and was away for 2 weeks

I know the menahel personally since before we sent to the school and I know he’s extremely devoted even whilst he is on vacation.

That said I did mention above the admin is not the best. There are many young girls/women working there no one knows who what when so I’ve learn to be really on top of it. If I need bus changes or admin stuff I am extremely organized about it.
As for the teachers/rebbeim themselves, never once had an issue and neither have my kids. They are very communicative with parents and the menahel and my kids are so much happier there than they were in their previous school. As are we.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 1:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
which is more chasidish? im looking for more heimish (not cool) rather than chasidish

Mevakshei Hashem is a more chassidish heimish crowd. Moshlo is more cool modern chassidish crowd.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 1:34 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

Because the administration is disorganized, it doesn't mean that it's not a good school!! It doesn't have anything to do with the kids. Most schools have things going on behind the scenes. And if you worked there and know what's going on, you should keep quiet about it instead of advertising it. Disorganized administration doesn't make a school a bad school. Every school has things going on.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 1:39 pm
What are Mevakshei rules like?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics