Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Ready for beta readers!!! (See OP)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:21 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
Am I explaining this okay?

Yes.
Sorry that that leaves me no closer to telling you what to do. (Because you're waiting for me to do just that, I know Cool / Twisted Evil )

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:59 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Yes.
Sorry that that leaves me no closer to telling you what to do. (Because you're waiting for me to do just that, I know Cool / Twisted Evil )

Lol!

singleagain

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 2:19 pm
I still think you should not dilute it... Not without having someone unfamiliar with the Jewish items read it and give opinion.

Definitely not at first impulse. Write it the way you want. Then get your beta readers to tell you to cut down or dilute the Jewish stuff

enneamom

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 2:26 pm
I read your OP without reading the rest of your thread. Maybe this was discussed, but would you consider publishing as an ebook? That way there is less of a barrier to market entry, and anyone who wants to read it for themselves can read it on their phone or device. Just a thought.

Cheshire cat

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 2:28 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Hi again!!!! :-)

NEW QUESTION: What if I took out (or clearly explained) any FRUM content and kept the Jewish setting and symbolism? Would that be acceptable in the secular market?

Anyone care to weigh in?

This actually is what ruchama king feuerman did. Have you ever read her work?

Secular publisher,frum characters, lots of strong jewish symbolism and themes, as well as romance, mysticism, etc.

I love her work. It seems she is quite successful.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to reading your book bshah tovah!

Kiwi13

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 4:43 pm
Cheshire cat wrote:
This actually is what ruchama king feuerman did. Have you ever read her work?

Secular publisher,frum characters, lots of strong jewish symbolism and themes, as well as romance, mysticism, etc.

I love her work. It seems she is quite successful.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to reading your book bshah tovah!

I need to look into that! Thank you!! Does she publish under her name or a pen name? What are her books called?

Kiwi13

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 4:44 pm
singleagain wrote:
I still think you should not dilute it... Not without having someone unfamiliar with the Jewish items read it and give opinion.

Definitely not at first impulse. Write it the way you want. Then get your beta readers to tell you to cut down or dilute the Jewish stuff

I’m keeping everything as is for the beta reading process for sure. I plan to have one or two people unfamiliar with the Jewish terms beta read as well.

scruffy

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 4:46 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
I need to look into that! Thank you!! Does she publish under her name or a pen name? What are her books called?

She publishes under her own name. Her books include Seven Blessings and In the Courtyard of the Kabbalist.

Kiwi13

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 5:05 pm
scruffy wrote:
She publishes under her own name. Her books include Seven Blessings and In the Courtyard of the Kabbalist.

Thanks!

singleagain

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 5:08 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
I’m keeping everything as is for the beta reading process for sure. I plan to have one or two people unfamiliar with the Jewish terms beta read as well.

I think it might be best to wait for feedback from the beta readers because we could just speculate and speculate but depending on what the story is it can really make a differenceI think it might be best to wait for feedback from the beta readers because we could just speculate and speculate but depending on what the story is it can really make a difference

Kiwi13

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 5:09 pm
singleagain wrote:
I think it might be best to wait for feedback from the beta readers because we could just speculate and speculate but depending on what the story is it can really make a differenceI think it might be best to wait for feedback from the beta readers because we could just speculate and speculate but depending on what the story is it can really make a difference

True. Are you still in? I’m really hoping for your feedback specifically. You seem to know your stuff!!

singleagain

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 5:11 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
True. Are you still in? I’m really hoping for your feedback specifically. You seem to know your stuff!!

Oh my God I am so totally in I am so psyched

Also blush and thanks for the compliment

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 5:32 pm
singleagain wrote:

I agree.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club