Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How does your employer show they value your work?
Previous  1  2

professor

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 3:15 pm
A bonus is all I'd want. Money is always the most practical and useful in my opinion

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 3:22 pm
professor wrote:
A bonus is all I'd want. Money is always the most practical and useful in my opinion

Yes - but I'm not a machine, without words of appreciation accompanying said bonus, the money feels very ichy to take.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 6:46 pm
My bosses acknowledge that I am the best in my department. I appreciate that, but wish they would prove it with a raise.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 12:25 am
My boss says Thank You to me (almost) every single day before he leaves. He is a real mentch and it reflects upon the entire atmosphere at the workplace.

During the busy periods of the year, usually when I'm working overtime, he will offer to buy me and my family dinner.

Oh, and my salary is not that great and I work for a Jewish School.

singleagain

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 1:06 am
this is gonna sound weird. At ridiculous o'clock he asks "why are you still here?"

And it makes me smile bc I know it means he's not expecting me to spend 60 hours a week at my job.. even though I had to do it for since about October through Feb. Bc we were down so many people, so besides my office work, which doubled when my coworker was out. And like.. 1/3rd of another manager's job, plus closing up one or two nights a week... Which jumped to two weeks straight when my boss was out sick....

Hearing him telling me "go home" means he cares that I'm a person and not just an office worker.

Plus the verbal appreciation throughout the crazy times.

penguin

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 4:10 pm
Is this spurred by the Double Take about the manager who asked for a raise for her prized employee, while the boss felt he was barely making ends meet due to Covid?

I wondered why he couldn't tell the employee, "I really appreciate your dedication. If I had funds now I would definitely give you a bonus for completing that high-pressure short term project! Unfortunately things are really tight now."

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 4:21 pm
Sometimes I work for people who can barely afford to pay me. I know they wish they could pay more. Of course I could use more money, who couldn't? Still, I have quit better paying jobs when the stress got so bad that they couldn't possibly pay me enough to make me stay.

Words of Affirmation Explained - The 5 Love Languages
https://cratedwithlove.com/blo.....ained

Things I hear are "Thanks for coming in on short notice." "I really appreciate your being so flexible." "You didn't have to that, the other employee can handle it!" and "You have no idea how much help this is to us."

When I'm paid hourly and get paid at the end of the day, I appreciate it when they will round up the hours instead of calculating down to the last minute with a calculator - and then ask me to break a 100 note.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 4:57 pm
penguin wrote:
Is this spurred by the Double Take about the manager who asked for a raise for her prized employee, while the boss felt he was barely making ends meet due to Covid?

I wondered why he couldn't tell the employee, "I really appreciate your dedication. If I had funds now I would definitely give you a bonus for completing that high-pressure short term project! Unfortunately things are really tight now."

Because then how would Mishpacha fills its Double Take quota?

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 5:13 pm
I have a small business with one employee

-I thank her everyday when she leaves

- our prices went up due to Covid and I’m making slightly more, so I offered a raise without her asking

- I text her after the work day if I come and see some good work she did

- I’m flexible when she can’t make it (I see very specifically how this goes around and comes around bec when I need extra hours she’ll do that for me)

amother
Red

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 5:28 pm
I would think that if an employee asks for a raise and it is a reasonable request, I don't think their employer should turn them down by saying they can't do it because the business isn't doing well etc. They should at least give them a very small raise just to show their appreciation.
I was the employee in this situation and I ended up leaving for a different job, but if I was offered even a very small raise I probably would have stayed.
It's always hard to ask for a raise, which makes it even worse to be turned down. This is exactly what makes employees look elsewhere.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics