Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
How to Remove sweat stain under the arm- white shirt

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 6:15 pm
I tried so many method and nothing works.
The cleaners weren’t able to take it out either.

My son sweats tonz when he plays sports and now it’s a orangey color ...

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 6:52 pm
Anyone?

I have 10 shirts that need washing for school and they look gross. I don’t want to send him in sorry looking shirts and I def don’t want to buy new ones.

challahchallah

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 6:56 pm
If you’ve already put them through the dryer stained, then it will be much harder to get out. Try soaking in hot water and oxiclean. Let soak for several days, refreshing the hot water mix once or twice a day. If that doesn’t work, make a paste with oxyclean and a little water, then use a laundry brush to scrub scrub scrub, then let it soak again. You can also try adding some bluing to the wash.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 7:01 pm
They're really really hard to remove. Your best bet is learning how to care for new ones to avoid the build up, since the marks don't come from one stain. They build up slowly and for a while you can't see the stains but then the layers are too deep and then the stain becomes visible.

Removing the stains is like trying to break down 15 different stains, one on top of the other.

Underarm yellow stains (that come from a chemical reaction of deodorant and perspiration) on white undershirts and shirts:

Mix hydrogen peroxide, Dawn dishwashing detergent and water. Using a spray bottle, spray onto the yellow stains. Pour baking soda on top. Wear gloves and rub the baking soda into the stain. The spray mixture absorbs into the baking soda. Let sit 24 hours. Wash in the machine as you usually do. Repeat as many times as necessary.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:10 pm
ra_mom wrote:
They're really really hard to remove. Your best bet is learning how to care for new ones to avoid the build up, since the marks don't come from one stain. They build up slowly and for a while you can't see the stains but then the layers are too deep and then the stain becomes visible.

Removing the stains is like trying to break down 15 different stains, one on top of the other.

Underarm yellow stains (that come from a chemical reaction of deodorant and perspiration) on white undershirts and shirts:

Mix hydrogen peroxide, Dawn dishwashing detergent and water. Using a spray bottle, spray onto the yellow stains. Pour baking soda on top. Wear gloves and rub the baking soda into the stain. The spray mixture absorbs into the baking soda. Let sit 24 hours. Wash in the machine as you usually do. Repeat as many times as necessary.

I had to come back on this forum to thank u!
The instructions you suggested worked so well after soaking it for 24 hrs. It’s was such a relief not to have to throw away new shirts.

Thanks to all who gave suggestions too !

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
[/b]

I had to come back on this forum to thank u!
The instructions you suggested worked so well after soaking it for 24 hrs. It’s was such a relief not to have to throw away new shirts.

Thanks to all who gave suggestions too !

I am so happy to hear that the shirts were saved!! Cheers

bunchagirlies

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:55 pm
I use st moritz spray. spray, let sit 3-5 minutes, and wash in hot water.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics