Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Vent

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 5:17 pm
I had a very busy day today, and I still have a long list of things to do. Dinner is not started. I just wish that I could buy some takeout, just for today. I'm tired of making sure there is homemade breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack foods available every day, whether I have energy to cook or not. I'm tired of finding new recipes using the very limited ingredients DC can eat and tired of dumping the food after DC refuses to eat. I'm tired of cooking different meals every day because I can't force my other kids to severely limit their diets. I'm tired.
I know there are worse things out there than having a child who is allergic to too many things to count. But I'm still tired of dealing with it all.
Thanks for letting me vent.

hodeez

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 5:47 pm
Having kids with allergies is so hard and exhausting, physically and mentally. I don't have any advice but I do have empathy. Really hope your situation improves soon.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 6:17 pm
Kids may outgrow allergies with time.

tichellady

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 7:37 pm
That is very hard!

amother
Blue

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:00 pm
Oh I feel you so much! We are going on ten years of this here. It's so hard. I feel so much fatigue from the pressure of it all.

While we hope that children outgrow their allergies, not all of them do. The day to day is still so so hard, even if you are still hopeful about outgrowing (I'm not).

Anon to protect my daughter's privacy.

Perrys

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:01 pm
If you are on WhatsApp there is a group for allergy moms. Pm me if you want more info

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:15 pm
Thank you for your sympathy and empathy. It's nice to know there are people out there who care.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics