Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Has your business been affected by covid?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:29 pm
Rising prices of suppliers. No employees want to work because of Biden's unemployment extension. We're going to have no choice but to raise our prices Sad

amother
Denim

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:31 pm
I think we actually benefited from it. I'm in the bakery industry and had business coming from all the extra packages schools have given out

amother
Black

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No employees want to work because of Biden's unemployment extension. We're going to have no choice but to raise our prices Sad

Yes! It’s so hard to find employees, let alone decent ones. There are much less people applying to our job ads these days. Why work?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:42 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I think we actually benefited from it. I'm in the bakery industry and had business coming from all the extra packages schools have given out

We are also in this industry. We benefitted in the beginning but the last few months, prices of goods have increased and there are no new employees! No one wants to work

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:30 pm
My husband is in construction and wasn’t allowed to work for a while in 2020. He still paid all of his employees so as not to lose them. Since covid, many of the supplies and materials are not to be found, and if they are, they are exorbitantly expensive.
He just interviewed someone as a prospective employee but the guy only wanted cash so that he wouldn’t lose unemployment.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:35 pm
anyone deals with Amazon.ca? They closed many of there warehouses and are limiting storage amounts enough to make your business have to close. It’s so sad because businesses are really suffering.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:04 pm
This whole thing is becoming so silly.. I think were all more then ready for normal life to resume

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:05 pm
Yes. More recently then during the pandemic. Also in construction and can’t find employees and supply issues.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:06 pm
Not a business owner but worked in a construction relation biz and lost a good job.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:13 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
anyone deals with Amazon.ca? They closed many of there warehouses and are limiting storage amounts enough to make your business have to close. It’s so sad because businesses are really suffering.

Yes I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping it will be very temporary.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are also in this industry. We benefitted in the beginning but the last few months, prices of goods have increased and there are no new employees! No one wants to work

Nice I wonder if were workmates Wink Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics