Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to iron a short puffy sleeve?

YYYY

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 1:48 am
I have a couple of blouses/ dresses that have short puffy sleeves and the ironing part of it makes me want to throw them out. There are so many creases where it’s puffed that each time I run the iron, it seems to get worse. I’m sure there must be a way to get this done!

zaq

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 5:37 pm
A steamer would likely do the best job. However, you could roll up a towel or a couple of T-shirts into a tight ball, stuff them into the sleeve to fill it out, and press the pointed end of the iron onto the fabric.

Either give up puffy sleeves or learn to embrace the creases. You can't expect a home pressing job, even with an improvised sleeve cushion as above, to look like a professional job done with professional equipment.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 7:10 pm
I second the steamer. If you don't have a steamer, hang them up in the bathroom when you take a shower. Make sure you don't open a window or run the vent; let the steam build up. The steam from the shower should take care of the creases in the blouse.

YYYY

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 12:59 am
zaq wrote:
A steamer would likely do the best job. However, you could roll up a towel or a couple of T-shirts into a tight ball, stuff them into the sleeve to fill it out, and press the pointed end of the iron onto the fabric.

Either give up puffy sleeves or learn to embrace the creases. You can't expect a home pressing job, even with an improvised sleeve cushion as above, to look like a professional job done with professional equipment.

Thanks. Will try rolling a towel and see if it helps… I’ve actually already tried with a steamer but for some reason it never really gets creases out of woven materials like shirts when I do it. It’s good for knit tops or tshirts that can’t be ironed, buy I find that materials that could be ironed don’t look nice when done with a steamer.

invisiblecircus

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 4:41 am
What kind of fabric is it made from? I used to have a shirt in that style and I simply didn't iron the sleeves Very Happy

Have you got a tumble drier? If so, putting the shirt on a hanger right out of the dryer will help a lot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry