Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss pattern makes no sense to me

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:44 pm
I have about 10-15 pounds to lose. I want to start ttc and it’s important to me not to be overweight going into a pregnancy. So I started seeing a nutritionist. She had a very basic plan for balanced meal blah blah. Prob 1300 calories or so a day. The 1st week I was perfect. I lost 2.5 lbs. 2nd week was soooo hard. Had my sil for Shabbos and she brought a ton of desserts and baked goods, the appt tues morn at the nutritionist really kept me in check, I didn’t taste even 1 pastry, I was so proud of myself but when I got to the nutritionist I saw I barely lost a lb. I was a bit discouraged. The rest of that week I tried keeping to the plan but had a few big cheats - like when I was hungry after I had dinner so I had another 2 cups of rice. Or snaking on popcorn or Corn Pops (both low cal) when I was feeling hungry and then I lost another 2.5 lbs. what am I missing? Why does it not seem to add up?

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 11:11 pm
Your body isn’t a machine. Usually if you stick with something you will lose even if the pattern isn’t 100% the way you would imagine.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 1:25 am
Interesting. I’m thinking about experimenting with Periodization of nutrition for sustainable weight loss instead of steady low calorie dieting. It would take longer but mess up our bodies less in the long run and allow us to maintain. Seems to me the number on the scale isn’t as important as being healthy when ttc. Maybe consider eating a plan full of nutrition dense food that does t leave you hungry or eating three times as much after the meal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise