Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Nocturnal emissions about twice a week- 12 year old

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 12:03 pm
My 12 year old son wakes up wet about twice a week. It’s not urine. Definitely semen. He hides his underwear in the hamper but I see it when I do laundry. I’ve recently gone for a well visit to his pediatrician who was surprised to see that he’s fully developed at such a young age. I asked him if it’s normal and he said it’s definitely too often and could be a physical issue like too much testosterone. I’m scared if it could be psychological like if someone is touching him by day or showing him p@rn. Is that possible? I’m so worried!

English3

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 12:07 pm
You would notice signs by day such as anger or avoidance.

BrisketBoss

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 12:12 pm
This is a great age to teach your son to do laundry to protect his privacy. And reduce your laundry load.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 12:17 pm
English3 wrote:
You would notice signs by day such as anger or avoidance.

He’s definitely keeping to himself. But he’s been this way for years. We’re actually getting him into therapy now for social issues and during the evaluation with my husband and myself they suspected signs of aspergers which I’ve been suspecting for a while.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 12:18 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
This is a great age to teach your son to do laundry to protect his privacy. And reduce your laundry load.

I don’t feel like he needs to do laundry at this age. I’m ok with doing it I’m just worried if it’s normal and if it could be a sign fir something deeper.

BrisketBoss

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 12:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don’t feel like he needs to do laundry at this age. I’m ok with doing it I’m just worried if it’s normal and if it could be a sign fir something deeper.

You probably have nothing to worry about. Some boys develop early and some boys have wet dreams frequently. There's no evidence that frequency increases as a result of p0rn usage or s*xual activity. When his hormones settle down he'll have them less often.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, May 08 2021, 11:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He’s definitely keeping to himself. But he’s been this way for years. We’re actually getting him into therapy now for social issues and during the evaluation with my husband and myself they suspected signs of aspergers which I’ve been suspecting for a while.
Kids with asd also often have hypothalamic-pituitary dysfunction which could lead to precocious puberty and hyper s-xuality. In fact, the hpa axis dysfunction could be a contributing cause to the asd symptoms, not just a comorbidity. He should be having a full workup with an endocrinologist. Personally I would also possibly pursue functional medicine (MAPS) to treat some of the underlying root causes.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 2:11 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Kids with asd also often have hypothalamic-pituitary dysfunction which could lead to precocious puberty and hyper s-xuality. In fact, the hpa axis dysfunction could be a contributing cause to the asd symptoms, not just a comorbidity. He should be having a full workup with an endocrinologist. Personally I would also possibly pursue functional medicine (MAPS) to treat some of the underlying root causes.

His pediatrician recommended an endocrinologist but he doesn’t have appointments until mid July and my son is going to sleep away camp so trying to find a different endo who takes his insurance. What’s is MAPS? Can you elaborate please?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 2:18 am
The wet dreams go along with the puberty. Does not mean anything happened.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 2:32 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
The wet dreams go along with the puberty. Does not mean anything happened.

The question is if twice a week average or even more is considered too often. He’s my oldest so I have no idea.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 3:12 am
Relax, it's totally normal.

He's not in control of it when he's sleeping, and he's not doing anything wrong.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 4:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
His pediatrician recommended an endocrinologist but he doesn’t have appointments until mid July and my son is going to sleep away camp so trying to find a different endo who takes his insurance. What’s is MAPS? Can you elaborate please?
I would try to get to an endo sooner. A MAPS is a pediatrician who has special training treating some of the root causes and comorbidities that come along with neuro developmental diagnoses. If you post your location I may have a recommendation for you.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 4:21 pm
Oops, wrong thread
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics