Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Misinformation on people we THINK are rich
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:04 am
Any takers?
This should be a hot one Very Happy

GLUE

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:18 am
Are you talking about the $30,000 millionaire?

The people who make about $30,000 a year but live like they make millions? The ones that are in such dept it is hard to believe that they will leave this world before they pay it off(especially if they do not change their live style)

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:25 am
100 percent so
Its such a sad situation. And I'd like to know why they do this to themselves

doodlesmom

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:28 am
Today’s day owning a million dollars in assets won’t make you rich!

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:31 am
And yet they live as if they are
Is there anyone who can help me understand why?

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:33 am
We recently renovated our house because it was getting very tight. We took out a loan to cover the costs and are in debt too. So many people said we’re rich because of what we did. We’re really far from it.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And yet they live as if they are
Is there anyone who can help me understand why?

understand why people live beyond their means?

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:37 am
I don't know anyone who lives that way. The people I know are really rich. Yes a lot of people have a lot of money. Iy"H by all of us

Goody2shoes

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:41 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
understand why people live beyond their means?

Yup
My friend's father when all out for her wedding cuz of his social standing in the rich world. He hax recently lost his business but that was a huge secret.whent into such deep debt that all the askanim were raising money just to feed the family
Is this normal?

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:43 am
alwayssmiling wrote:
Yup
My friend's father when all out for her wedding cuz of his social standing in the rich world. He hax recently lost his business but that was a huge secret.whent into such deep debt that all the askanim were raising money just to feed the family
Is this normal?

I think you answered your own question.

doodlesmom

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:45 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
We recently renovated our house because it was getting very tight. We took out a loan to cover the costs and are in debt too. So many people said we’re rich because of what we did. We’re really far from it.

Yes, sometimes financial decisions that we make, with loans, refinances etc. along with personal spending preferences make others have assumptions.

amother
Teal

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:48 am
Im not sure what this thread is supposed to be or who its supposed to be referring to. I have experience with people thinking I had money when I actually didnt. My advice: dont judge a book by its cover

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:51 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Im not sure what this thread is supposed to be or who its supposed to be referring to. I have experience with people thinking I had money when I actually didnt. My advice: dont judge a book by its cover

This is what it was referring to
I have so many friends who the world sees a rich and in honesty they r average. Maybe living a more comfy lifestyle but not rich

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have so many friends who the world sees a rich and in honesty they r average. Maybe living a more comfy lifestyle but not rich

Good for them.

What does it matter?

Wealth isn't a middah.

doodlesmom

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 12:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The question is why people think so...
Is it because they’re savvy?
Is it because they overspend and are in debt?
Is it because something else?

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 12:55 pm
We live simply and even so it’s super tight. Sad
We have well-off parents and people make comments about us “acting like we don’t have money”. 🤷🏻‍♀️ We don’t. And if they do gift us, they choose what to gift, we can’t exactly take a credit note and apply elsewhere.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 1:38 pm
People think I’m loaded because dh father is what you would call super wealthy. Guess what? That doesn’t make us rich- that just makes us living off of charity! Iyh dh will get a better paying job and hopefully then we can financially independent but until then.... And yes we do travel with them a lot and go to fancy hotels and I do have beautiful jewelry. So people love to drop their jealous comments which I don’t appreciate. We don’t even own a house yet so much for being “rich”.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 1:42 pm
A friends father is a popular play producer as well as the owner er of one of the local circulars where I live. He's seen as rich when he's not more then comfortable. I always feel bad when people bad mouth him as being stingy.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 1:45 pm
People think my DH is rich. He has been told many times that he looks like a gvir. What’s funny is that they tell him this, even though he’s wearing a faded coat bought 20 years ago, has a hole in his pants and is wearing 3 yr old shoes. His bank account may even be in the red and we are probably considered poor. I’m not sure how people judge whether someone is rich or not. But we find it humorous that this happens all the time.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 1:57 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
People think I’m loaded because dh father is what you would call super wealthy. Guess what? That doesn’t make us rich- that just makes us living off of charity! Iyh dh will get a better paying job and hopefully then we can financially independent but until then.... And yes we do travel with them a lot and go to fancy hotels and I do have beautiful jewelry. So people love to drop their jealous comments which I don’t appreciate. We don’t even own a house yet so much for being “rich”.

but at least for several weeks a year you have lifestyle that people are jealous of.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics