Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking for a community in South Florida

Mamaluv18

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 10:07 pm
Hi, I'd like to move to a lubavitch community in South Florida. I'm looking to move to an area that is nice and clean, have homes that are at least 3000 sq ft with decent size backyards and prices up to 750k. Does anything like that exist? All responses are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 1:37 am
Mamaluv18 wrote:
Hi, I'd like to move to a lubavitch community in South Florida. I'm looking to move to an area that is nice and clean, have homes that are at least 3000 sq ft with decent size backyards and prices up to 750k. Does anything like that exist? All responses are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hollywood.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 2:11 am
following

Mamaluv18

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:14 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Hollywood.

Which area in Hollywood? Which Shul/chabad house do people daven at?

Thanks!

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 12:01 pm
Mamaluv18 wrote:
Which area in Hollywood? Which Shul/chabad house do people daven at?

Thanks!

There's a chabad community but I'm not familiar with the names of the shuls. There's one huge Young Israel led by Rabbi Weinstock and some new smaller places with a more yeshivish feel. Emerald Hills is the central area for most of the frum community but at this point its gotten so big that there are many smaller enclaves all around Hollywood. Tons of people from NY looking to move to FL are buying here https://www.thepreserveatemeraldhills.com/

Yiddishetuter

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 10:03 pm
Check out Coral Springs

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 2:07 am
Yes check out Coral Springs, and Central Boca Raton. Both are Rabbi Denbergs. Further South Hollywood is nice. South, South you will be over budget and won’t have yard.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 7:52 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
There's a chabad community but I'm not familiar with the names of the shuls. There's one huge Young Israel led by Rabbi Weinstock and some new smaller places with a more yeshivish feel. Emerald Hills is the central area for most of the frum community but at this point its gotten so big that there are many smaller enclaves all around Hollywood. Tons of people from NY looking to move to FL are buying here https://www.thepreserveatemeraldhills.com/

Do you know where the new smaller yeshivish areas are?

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 6:09 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Do you know where the new smaller yeshivish areas are?

I’d also like to know street names or addresses of Yeshivish areas

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 6:59 am
I'm from Lauderhill. We have two chabad shuls by inverrarry blvd (one is mashichist, the other regular chabad). Houses are in the 300-600k range. A lot of them have backyards and pools. Not all of them are as big as you described though. Most houses I think are around 2500 sq ft, but it's good to check zillow for more info.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 7:32 am
Yiddishetuter wrote:
Check out Coral Springs

I thought Coral Springs is Rabbi Friedman?
We just spent a shabbat in Coral Springs, and it was really nice!! Warm community, nice sized houses and lots I can’t tell you about pricing though, because I have no idea.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 7:35 am
How much does a 4 bedroom house cost in Hollywood and boca?

shaqued_almond

Post Sat, May 08 2021, 6:19 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
How much does a 4 bedroom house cost in Hollywood and boca?

check out zillow.com. It really depends but Boca is generally more expensive.

amother
Tan

Post Sat, May 08 2021, 6:36 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Hollywood.

I happen to live in Hollywood and I happen to be Lubavitch, but wouldn't say there is much of a Lubavitch community here. Additionally, the way sales are going here, you'd be hard pressed to find a home 3000 sq ft in that price range unless you're prepared to do some serious renovations. And yards tend to be super tiny here.
Still a nice place to live though. We're happy here.

amother
Navy

Post Sat, May 08 2021, 7:29 pm
What’s the name of the shul in Coral Springs?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating