Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Young in Passaic

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 10:11 am
Newlywed here. We're looking into Passaic. Is there a young community there? Any newlyweds? Shiurim for kollel wives or younger marrieds etc..? Tia

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 11:48 am
Following as well. Would love to know if there are young couples there.

Classicookie

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 11:56 am
Not that young anymore LOL but there are a lot of young couples here. Some shules have younger crowds I don’t know how to find all the young couples but usually People tend to find people who are in the same boat with. But us “older” ones are friendly and awesome also.

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 08 2021, 11:03 pm
Classicookie wrote:
Not that young anymore LOL but there are a lot of young couples here. Some shules have younger crowds I don’t know how to find all the young couples but usually People tend to find people who are in the same boat with. But us “older” ones are friendly and awesome also.

Haha thank you! Smile

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, May 08 2021, 11:11 pm
Hi Newlywed in passaic here!
There are definitely a lot of very young couples

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, May 08 2021, 11:12 pm
Your best chance of meeting people is probably through your husband's kollel
(which kollel is he looking into? Would love to connect if you end up here Smile)

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 9:56 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:

Really? Thanks for your response!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 9:57 am
Your best chance of meeting people is probably through your husband's kollel
(which kollel is he looking into? Would love to connect if you end up here Smile)

Right, that's smart. We are still trying to decide on a community before we look into kollelim.. Thanks, same here!

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:22 pm

I'm curious to know if there is a certain area in Passaic where young couples live.
Would you know which blocks have young people?
I know the area, so if you mention a block I would know what you're talking about.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:26 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I'm curious to know if there is a certain area in Passaic where young couples live.
Would you know which blocks have young people?
I know the area, so if you mention a block I would know what you're talking about.

Other than the yeshiva building there isn’t one block where young kollel type couples live.
I would say the majority are on the other side of main but spread over park/spring and all the side streets from Rutgers to Brook.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Right, that's smart. We are still trying to decide on a community before we look into kollelim.. Thanks, same here!

The social life for young couples here is very limited if you’re not part of a kollel. There aren’t really shiurim and get together a for that age group outside of those groups. People here also are friendly but it’s informal shmoozing outside and visiting friends type. I don’t think it’s so simple to get into the kollelim here so not sure choosing a city before a kollel would work very well.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 3:11 pm
There are plenty of young couples in Passaic. There may be higher concentrations in apartment complexes or one of the few apartment buildings, but most are spread throughout.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 2:46 pm
Are the young people in Passaic the Flatbush type? Or, less fancy? I’m not looking for the Flatbush type.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 2:50 pm
Passaic has a bunch of different groups, mostly centered around different shuls. They range from MO to very yeshivish, from out-of-town to Flatbush.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating