Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Route from NYC to Australia?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 1:53 am
What's a good route? Not sure I want to fly direct, too many hours of sitting in one place....

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 2:04 am
I don't think you can fly direct from NY to Australia. You'll pass through California along the way. From California to Australia it's pretty far, but you can stop in Hawaii.

MitzadSheini

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 2:10 am
You can't just come to Australia at the moment. The border is pretty much closed except for returning citizens, and EVERYONE has to do 2 weeks in hotel quarantine, and pay for it (I think it's $3, 000)

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 2:13 am
MitzadSheini wrote:
You can't just come to Australia at the moment. The border is pretty much closed except for returning citizens, and EVERYONE has to do 2 weeks in hotel quarantine, and pay for it (I think it's $3, 000)

And do you have suggestions for a route? For when covid travel restrictions are lifted?

MitzadSheini

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 4:16 am
It prob won't happen until 2023. Who knows which airlines will be flying which way then?

Rappel

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 4:42 am
Israel is about to take tourists, though. The current date for opening is May 23.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 5:19 am
What part of Australia are you going to? It's kind of like asking the best route from Sydney to the US. It's makes a huge difference if you're traveling to California or Florida.

If you're going to the West Coast, then ime the best route is with Cathay Pacific with a stopover in Hong Kong.

If you're going to the east coast, then I think there are typically flights with a stopover in LA or in Texas. Personally I'd do LA but I never really explored which was more out of the way.

This was touched on, but there's talk that the borders won't be open to noncitizens/residents before 2024. By that time, routes may have changed and better routes may be available.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 5:25 am
MitzadSheini wrote:

And it's not even easy for returning citizens or residents. In my Americans in Australia Facebook groups there are people who are stuck outside for months (these are dual AU citizens or residents). These are people who are permitted to return but are competing with thousands of others for limited flights. Then there are those stuck in Australia who can't leave, and then the non-residents who have whole lives here who can't leave because they won't be able to return.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics