Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Do you celebrate Mother's Day
Previous  1  2

Do you celebrate Mother's Day?
Yes  
 26%  [ 39 ]
No  
 66%  [ 97 ]
Other. (Explain)  
 6%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 146

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 1:55 pm
I hate mother’s/father’s day.
Personally I wouldn’t care either way but my mother cares way to much, my wonderful DH, who is super easygoing and generally a sport, despise it with a passion and I am put in the middle!

It is probably my worst day of the year as neither of them are flexible or reasonable.

They are normally both kind, easygoing, flexible, and understanding. There is something triggering about this day for both of them and nobody is reasonable.

zaq

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 2:17 pm
little neshamala wrote:
Yes.
Growing up I always heard "every day is mothers day", but that is obviously not true and I really dont like that line.
What mother gets showered with flowers and chocolate and beautiful cards detailing all the wonderful work she does as a mother, every day?

So my husband decided that mothers day is the perfect way for him and the children to show hakaras hatov. He says hakaras hatov is at the crux of yiddishkeit, and dedicating a day towards appreciating mommy and overall Kibbud Eim is exactly what our children should be doing. And I truly appreciate it.

They write detailed cards listing all the reasons mommy is so amazing etc, and usually a small gift etc. Every year they thing of new add ons.

I love it, and continue the hakaras hatov on Fathers Day

One of my favorite souvenirs of my dc childhood is a card my then-six-year-old wrote me (imagine letters staggering drunkenly across the page, some are backwards and others have obviously been erased and rewritten) Dera Mommy yoo are so good! yoo mak mee lunch! yu hep me with homwork! yu tak me 2shool! I lov yoo Hapy motHERS DAY!

I'm keeping that forever.

zaq

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 2:19 pm
yo'ma wrote:
I don’t, but if I did, I would probably celebrate it twice. Today is in America, which I’m an American and here it’s in October. Very Happy

Hey, take all the celebration you can get!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note