Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Elementary teacher salary...
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:10 am
I'm currently negotiating with my school for a raise. They claimed I'm well paid...I wonder. What's a typical salary for elementary school limudei kodesh teacher in by type school 10 years experience. Im in Lkwd but looking for tri-state area range.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 3:00 pm
Bump. Anyone have any insight??

amother
Silver

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 3:13 pm
I’m an elementary school teacher. It depends on a few factors. Do you have a degree? I see you have 10 years of experience.
BY schools usually start at $25k, so with 10 years experience I would expect something close to $30k...
however, every school is different.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:19 pm
I appreciate the response. My school is offering 34k for next year ( and I get free tuition.) I realized I'm more at 12 years of experience than 10. (Don't we all imagine ourselves as younger than we are!) Would love to hear more responses.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I appreciate the response. My school is offering 34k for next year ( and I get free tuition.) I realized I'm more at 12 years of experience than 10. (Don't we all imagine ourselves as younger than we are!) Would love to hear more responses.

Free tuition is a biggee!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:26 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Free tuition is a biggee!

I know!! One of the reasons I'm still there Wink. Still I'm looking for a fair salary.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:30 pm
I can’t believe that they pay Rebbes (male teachers) so much more for same amount of hours.
My info is solely based on salary threads that I’ve read.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:33 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
I can’t believe that they pay Rebbes (male teachers) so much more for same amount of hours.
My info is solely based on salary threads that I’ve read.

They do get paid more but they definitely work more hours than teachers here in Lakewood.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:35 pm
I live in Lkwd. Never realized how little you’re paid! I’ll appreciate my kids teachers more now!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:37 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I live in Lkwd. Never realized how little you’re paid! I’ll appreciate my kids teachers more now!

Just curious what you thought? My school claims I'm getting paid well!

amother
Blue

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know!! One of the reasons I'm still there Wink. Still I'm looking for a fair salary.

Add the amount you’re saving on each kids tuition to your salary and view it like that.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They do get paid more but they definitely work more hours than teachers here in Lakewood.

You need to look at amount paid per hour when comparing not total salary. From what I recall they get more then double and have an amazing severance package.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:45 pm
Why do you think op is paid so little? She probably works 3 hours a day. A rebbi works double that, and on sundays, and in Lakewood he works until Bein hazmanim that sometimes means the whole july.
For 3 hours a day, op, you’re making a lot of money, especially because you’re getting free tuition which actually is part of the schools cheshbon. Not every school gives that btw.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:48 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Why do you think op is paid so little? She probably works 3 hours a day. A rebbi works double that, and on sundays, and in Lakewood he works until Bein hazmanim that sometimes means the whole july.
For 3 hours a day, op, you’re making a lot of money, especially because you’re getting free tuition which actually is part of the schools cheshbon. Not every school gives that btw.

Closer to 4 hours a day and lots of 'extras' plus big achrayus taking on 27 girls yearly with all the issues that involves. Definitely a very draining (though rewarding) job.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:50 pm
Sounds like a very generous salary to me! I think I probably earned less than that with my degree as a SEIT provider. And Headstart teachers get just a little more for a full time teaching job.

cnc

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:58 pm
That’s a relatively generous salary for a Limudei Chol elementary school teacher.
(Teachers are very underpaid so teachers’ salaries in general are low, but relative to the market - it’s a good salary.)

amother
Peach

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 11:15 pm
I teach chol out of town.
Wow, lkwd pays so well!!

Most elementary morahs here yet paid around 16-20k

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 11:16 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I teach chol out of town.
Wow, lkwd pays so well!!

Most elementary morahs here yet paid around 16-20k

I teach kodesh...just want to clarify.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 11:19 pm
37 but no free tuition.
Yes discounted and some perks but I pay per kid

Pretty wealthy area, kids pay a lot more tuition than lakewood

amother
Peach

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 11:23 pm
Yeah, I get it.
I get paid a little bit more than kodesh because I have more qualifications.
But nowhere near your numbers! Smile
Maybe we should move to lkwd
Jk
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics