Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
For those who think the vaccine isn't safe
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 6:42 am
Why would all world leaders and politicians and their families then take it?

What would make you think it's safe?

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 7:22 am
What makes you think they took it?
Because they did a photo op?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 7:28 am
Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn

Kiwi13

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 7:39 am
Who’s to say they don’t believe it’s safe? Politicians are just as capable of drinking the Koolaid as anyone else.

fleetwood

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 7:44 am
Obviously all the scientists and politicians are sheep..it's random imamothers who really know the facts..

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:12 am
Obviously, nobody can know what the long term effects of the vaccine will be. Many claim it will be nothing, but nobody can know that about something that has only existed for under a year. Each person can decide for himself if he wants to take the risk or not. Some people are more willing to be guinea pigs than others.

Of course, many are weighing the risks of the vaccine vs. the risks of getting corona, which is a valid thought process. What I don't understand is the people who had corona and still choose to be vaccinated.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:24 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
What I don't understand is the people who had corona and still choose to be vaccinated.

Me. And I'm 21.

fleetwood

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:30 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Obviously, nobody can know what the long term effects of the vaccine will be. Many claim it will be nothing, but nobody can know that about something that has only existed for under a year. Each person can decide for himself if he wants to take the risk or not. Some people are more willing to be guinea pigs than others.

Of course, many are weighing the risks of the vaccine vs. the risks of getting corona, which is a valid thought process. What I don't understand is the people who had corona and still choose to be vaccinated.

Perhaps bec antibodies don't last and people have gotten it twice.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:31 am
my ob told me not to take it, but she took it herself.. sounds like she is being more cautious with me than herself...I trust her
I cant pretend to have enough medical knowledge or an understanding of what is really going on (stripped of all the media), although I am hesitant to take it. so I asked my ob and am trusting my doctor

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:38 am
fleetwood wrote:
Perhaps bec antibodies don't last and people have gotten it twice.

But how do we know the vaccine will last?
I had COVID in March, right when it started. still have antibodies. Not only that, they’ve climbed in the past few months after I was exposed..
Good enough for me right now.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:41 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn

Did you know that smoked paprika is really yummy on sprayed air-popped popcorn?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:41 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
. What I don't understand is the people who had corona and still choose to be vaccinated.

My sister, in her 20s. Got symptomatic covid last april, conformed with pcr test, antibodies after. About 7 months later caught covid again, perhaps a new strain. Symptomatic, positive pcr test.

This time, she developed cardiac issues. Weird heart palpitations, that arent going away even months later. Was told she might have "some cardiac ischemia due to covid" and will need to be monitored. This may likely be for life.

So yes, there is a real reason for people who had covid already to get vaccinated

fleetwood

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:43 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I had COVID in March, right when it started. still have antibodies. Not only that, they’ve climbed in the past few months after I was exposed..

It won't. We will need a booster..no biggie

Frumme

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:47 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
my ob told me not to take it, but she took it herself.. sounds like she is being more cautious with me than herself...I trust her
I cant pretend to have enough medical knowledge or an understanding of what is really going on (stripped of all the media), although I am hesitant to take it. so I asked my ob and am trusting my doctor

Your OB I presume is not pregnant or BFing. Plus risk assessment-- she sees people every day that up the number of potential illness vectors. Not sure what you do, but a SAHM or a remote worker does not interact with as many people as an OB does on a regular basis.

If you ask, this will probably be her reply, (it is a valid answer). You can also ask her in what situation she would change her professional opinion (after your baby's birth, if you take public transportation every day, etc). I don't know your health history, but I assume your OB has taken it into account. Also, her opinion may change in the coming months as there are currently being studies done on BFing women and the vaccine etc.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:48 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
My sister, in her 20s. Got symptomatic covid last april, conformed with pcr test, antibodies after. About 7 months later caught covid again, perhaps a new strain. Symptomatic, positive pcr test.

This time, she developed cardiac issues. Weird heart palpitations, that arent going away even months later. Was told she might have "some cardiac ischemia due to covid" and will need to be monitored. This may likely be for life.

So yes, there is a real reason for people who had covid already to get vaccinated

I’m so sorry for your sister. Refuah shlaima.
However, there are many many many cases of people who have caught COVID after having the vaccine..

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:48 am
And then there are those who took the vaccine and got Corona 2 weeks later...

Everyone should make their own decision what works for them.

tweety1

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why would all world leaders and politicians and their families then take it?

What would make you think it's safe?

Because they have to prove a point.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:53 am
I’m so sorry for your sister. Refuah shlaima.
However, there are many many many cases of people who have caught COVID after having the vaccine..

Many? Thats not true at all.
Can you link some data to back you up?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:53 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:

My OB bragged about being one of the first people in our entire county to be vaccinated. He expressed very clearly that he believed the vaccine to be much lower risk than the virus, and that he was recommending it to his high-exposure patients, such as healthcare or grocery workers. But because my family's exposure was low and he said new data was coming in all the time, he thought it made sense for me to wait a while when the vaccine first became available to pregnant women a few months ago here. We continued to talk about it at each appointment, and I finally went and got my first dose a couple weeks ago based on a number of interim developments in the research and in my life. So I think it can very much be a nuanced discussion, it doesn't have to be all or nothing.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:54 am

They are already saying it will be a yearly shot.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics