Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How is it legal?
  1  2  3  12  13  14  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 1:59 pm
And not discrimination to enforce that only vaccinated people can be admitted to a place?
Firstly, don't we have HIPAA laws (at least in the US) that protect our Healthcare privacy?
The vaccines have not been FDA approved. How can they demand the general public take a vaccine that has not been approved.
Many colleges, including all CUNY and SUNY colleges in NY as well as the University of California system are requiring that all students returning to classes MUST be vaccinated. How is this legal? Where are our rights!?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:00 pm
what makes you think "discrimination" is illegal?

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:00 pm
Wow! That's so upsetting!
Shaking my head.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:01 pm
I am not saying that it's legal but the virus has been an absolute disaster.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:02 pm
What about the rights of the people who don't want to get sick?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:02 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
what makes you think "discrimination" is illegal?

Since when is it not?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Since when is it not?

SUNY wouldn't let me in either. They would discriminate against me for my GPA.

There is no concept of blanket "no discrimination".

#BestBubby

southernbubby wrote:
I am not saying that it's legal but the virus has been an absolute disaster.

It's not the vaccine that has been a disaster but the government using a flu that has a 98%
survival rate as an excuse to take away our FREEDOM and Destroy our Livelihoods that have
been a disaster!

College students are at LESS RISK of Covid then the seasonal flu so there is no excuse for
this tyranny.

And this vaccine is EXPERIMENTAL - it is NOT FDA approved.

And some believe it may make people STERILE so it should be ILLEGAL to force YOUNG PEOPLE
to take this vaccine!

keym

Let's look at this from the other perspective. I am returning from the Ivory Coast. I was a nurse for 3 weeks working with Ebola patients.
Does the government have a right to quarantine me? To detain me? To insist on testing me for Ebola?

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:05 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:

So take the vaccine IF YOU WANT TO.

Honestly, this argument makes NO SENSE.

Either the vaccine works, so who cares if others are unvaxed.

Or the vaccine doesn't work, so what's the point????

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:06 pm

Why is it different than the flu?
People are not required to get the flu vaccine yearly to be admitted to college yet it is highly contagious.
And those people that are afraid of getting sick can get the vaccine for themselves. They can protect themselves.
That's not a reason to force everyone to get it.

Lovable

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:07 pm

Stay home
The rest of us dont need to jab ourselves annually with a vaccine that has not been approved by the FDA, just to make u feel safe
And if you believe the vaccine is good & 100% effective, feel free to jab yourself & be absolutely safe!

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
People are not required to get the flu vaccine yearly to be admitted to college yet it is highly contagious.
And those people that are afraid of getting sick can get the vaccine for themselves. They can protect themselves.

And Covid is LESS DANGEROUS to college age people then the seasonal flu!

And the flu vaccine had FDA approval and this EXPERIMENTAL vaccines DOES NOT!!!

chanatron1000

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Since when is it not?

Always.

Lovable

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

THIS a million times

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:11 pm
keym wrote:
Let's look at this from the other perspective. I am returning from the Ivory Coast. I was a nurse for 3 weeks working with Ebola patients.
Does the government have a right to quarantine me? To detain me? To insist on testing me for Ebola?

I'm referring to the fact that the vaccine is not FDA approved.
Ebola and COVID are not in the same category. Ebola is way more deadly.
That being said, if someone was exposed to COVID, yes they should take proper precautions and quarantine.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And not discrimination to enforce that only vaccinated people can be admitted to a place?
Firstly, don't we have HIPAA laws (at least in the US) that protect our Healthcare privacy?
The vaccines have not been FDA approved. How can they demand the general public take a vaccine that has not been approved.
Many colleges, including all CUNY and SUNY colleges in NY as well as the University of California system are requiring that all students returning to classes MUST be vaccinated. How is this legal? Where are our rights!?

CUNY always asks for your vaccine records so I guess its not discrimination or in violation of hippa laws. The only difference is that this particular vaccine is not FDA approved so not sure how they can enforce it. My understanding is though that the vaccine company is looking for full FDA approval despite the fact that there are no long term studies and the current studies have been unblinded so not sure how they can get approval for an experimental vaccine. Of course we know that the FDA and CDC is corrupt and do whatever they want so expect the covid vaccine to get approval despite the problems it presents. Not sure how we can get around it at this point. I hope Moshiach comes already because this world just keep getting darker and darker and we need a yeshua to take us out of all the insanity. Hashem help us all.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Different colleges have different vaccine requirements. My undergraduate university required the meningitis vaccine, which wasn't standard at that time across the board. When I went to graduate school in another state years later, that university required chicken pox vaccine or proof of immunity via titers. I had to go get tested to provide the latter, which I had never had to do ever, since having chicken pox in the 1980's.

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I think it's important to keep it factual to have a fruitful discussion regardless of which side one falls on this issue:

1. flu is not as contagious as COVID - standard hospital ppe protocols (as discussed at length in other threads) for flu are in a less stringent tier than for COVID
2. efficacy of COVID vaccines (esepcially Pfizer and Moderna) is much higher than that of the flu vaccine
3. Some people cannot get the vaccine due to contraindications, so it's not so simple to say those who want/need protection should just get the vaccine---those folks, possibly protected by the ADA--also have rights.
4. Staff and faculty are not typically 20-somethings---they have a right to work in a safe environment--and OSHA regulations may apply.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I just over a year, more than 8 in every 500 Americans has died of covid.

That's about 10 to 25 YEARS worth of flu deaths.

And while SUNY doesn't require proof of flu vaccination, it does require other vaccinations.

But you're not being forced to get the vaccine. You can choose not to attend a SUNY or CUNY.
Page 1 of 14   1  2  3  12  13  14  Next Recent Topics