Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Girls high school
  Previous  1  2  3 14  15  16 28  29  30  Next

Chayalle

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:56 pm
Because 300 girls not having a high school doesn't mean they are the type that Bernfeld was targeting.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 3:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just saw 300 girls don’t have a high school?!? Is that accurate? If so many girls don’t have a school why isn’t bernfelds school opening? There is a need for new schools. Satmar is opening a high school. More letters going out after shavous

so interesting to hear that Satmar opening high school. good for them! how many students are they anticipating for the ninth grade? and are they taking girls from other schools? that would be nontypical

2mom2

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 3:30 pm
When did 200 turn into 300? And satmar would take klausenberg🤔? Now that would be interesting....

And berenfelds not opening was more of internal issues than the fact that new high schools are desperately needed.

I heard talk that Kanarek might open a new school. He is so maxed in Bais Shaindel. Can anyone confirm?

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 6:11 pm
2mom2 wrote:
When did 200 turn into 300? And satmar would take klausenberg🤔? Now that would be interesting....

And berenfelds not opening was more of internal issues than the fact that new high schools are desperately needed.

I heard talk that Kanarek might open a new school. He is so maxed in Bais Shaindel. Can anyone confirm?

When my sister was sending her daughter to high school, after finding places for most of Lakewood about 50 new girls moved to town. People are moving to Lakewood every day many of them have kids that need a school.

I hear this rumor(about Kanarek) about every year, so I am not putting much stock in it

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 6:24 pm
My daughter got an acceptance letter from BBY. I’m relieved.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 6:42 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
My daughter got an acceptance letter from BBY. I’m relieved.

Great!

2mom2

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 7:18 pm
Except there are girls who moved from Brooklyn over the past 8 years who are part of this count. Not brand new. And some of them have been accepted already, like it or not.

Re kanarek- he has a problem that he can't even carry his own obligations this year. And he has another elementary school that's up to 6 grade this year.

Time will tell. But the numbers were never this impossible. There's no more stuffing a handful of girls. We're way past a handful. And classes are in the 40s....

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 7:32 pm
There was a rumor at the beginning of the year that cheder would open a high school. They opened another boys school instead. Can't Believe It

I would imagine Kanarek will open sooner or later, just not likely this year.

And how many classes does bnos melech have? I know they’re building.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 6:25 pm
2mom2 wrote:

Time will tell. But the numbers were never this impossible. There's no more stuffing a handful of girls. We're way past a handful. And classes are in the 40s....

Many years ago when I was trying to get my DD in Elementary there was no room any were. Many schools were to full from Sibs that they were not taking new family's. Three new schools opened up that year, the difference between elementary and High school is people are more willing to send to a new school for elementary then high school.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:33 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Many years ago when I was trying to get my DD in Elementary there was no room any were. Many schools were to full from Sibs that they were not taking new family's. Three new schools opened up that year, the difference between elementary and High school is people are more willing to send to a new school for elementary then high school.

If I knew and trusted the hanhala of a new high school I would probably send

2mom2

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:36 pm
It's really difficult to set up. Need experienced principals, many many teachers, extracurricular,etc. And the schools have to get a good core group of girls so that they grow organically and don't shut down after a year.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:58 am
What’s happening with high schools? Anyone get a letter recently? When are the next round of letters going out? We didn’t get a letter from. Aderes yet.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 6:35 pm
I heard that their is going to be a meeting this weak for the next round of acceptances should go out after this meeting.

Are they really having it I do not know

Still waiting for my daughter

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 6:59 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

For high school girls want a GO and a school play and school spirit. It’s much more important then in elementary school.
Also in primary girls don’t really care about being the first primary class. Many ninth graders feel it’s a stigma.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 12:58 am
Are they placing any girls before school ends?

I don't mind finding out July 1st were she is going but, I do not want to find out the day school starts for a whole lot of reasons

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 3:01 am
A big part of the reason people don't open High schools is that the overhead to start is much much higher then an elementary and it is hard to get the first year class.

A few years back Rabbi Hershkowitz from Bnos Yaakov said he would start a High School if two families with deep pockets would share the financial responsibility with him. Obviously that never happened - which is chaval because Bnos Yaakov is a pretty successful elementary and we can assume would have a successful High School....

Honestly Lakewood is so big I wonder if its time for a private public school system- not that it will ever happen.
A central board that both collects tuiton and fundraises and allots a certain amount of $$$ per child per school. Fundraising efforts are centralized and the board is responsible to create schools according to projected growth so there are enough spaces and variety, and people can apply to individual schools according to current system without the schools being overstretched and pressured to grow to quickly which has terrible chinuch ramifications

The only place with comparable growth is Eretz Yisroel and they do have a sort of public school system with Bais Yaakov and they have less issues - it is still hard to get into the more exclusive high schools, and if you don't compromise you may stay at home, but you do not have the numbers LKWD has and everyone gets a placement.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:37 am
Does anyone have any more info?

Are they placing any more girls before summer?

Are they just waiting for Aug. then putting every girl on a card and throwing the cards at baskets what ever basket your card lands in that what school your in- that's what my brother claims is how they relay place the girls

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 6:12 pm
I heard 80 girls don’t have a high school. What’s gonna be? Is school gonna start on time?

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 12:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I heard 80 girls don’t have a high school. What’s gonna be? Is school gonna start on time?

Of course school will start on time, it has been many years-the year every one still talks about-that schools did not start on time.

I am assuming that by after Sukkous there will still be some girls not a lot, but some that still don't have a school.

small bean

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 12:38 am
Last year school started a couple of days late. I assume it will be the same this year.
Page 15 of 30   Previous  1  2  3 14  15  16 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries