Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
For those who think the vaccine isn't safe
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:54 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
macaques or ferrets

Paragraph from recent paper

The genomes of SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-CoV share 79.6% sequence identity70, and they use the same receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), to enter cells71. Therefore, SARS vaccine-induced immune responses, which have already been studied, would be useful in the evaluation of COVID-19 candidate vaccines. In 2003, soon after isolation of SARS-CoV viral particles and release of the viral genome sequence, SARS vaccine design began. Similarly to COVID-19 vaccine developers, researchers first sought SARS vaccines based on inactivated virus, recombinant subunit proteins and recombinant vectors. Also in 2003, an Ad5 vector-based vaccine that expresses the SARS-CoV S1 protein, membrane (M) protein and nucleocapsid (N) protein was tested in rhesus macaques. These vaccines induced SARS-CoV-specific T cell and NAb responses72. Ad5-SARS-CoV-S led to a substantial reduction in viral load and prevented severe pneumonia in ferrets73. A recombinant modified vaccinia virus Ankara vector expressing SARS-CoV S protein elicited a rapid and vigorous NAb response in ferrets; however, a strong inflammatory response in the liver of immunized ferrets occurred after challenge with SARS-CoV74,75. More studies then demonstrated that SARS vaccines, based on either inactivated virus or a recombinant vector, could induce eosinophils and TH2 cell-skewed immune responses on subsequent challenge with SARS-CoV in a mouse model76,77,78, which is reminiscent of RSV vaccine-induced ERD in infants. Similarly, an inactivated SARS-CoV vaccine and a SARS-CoV S protein-derived peptide vaccine both induced severer lung damage in rhesus macaques after SARS-CoV challenge79. A DNA vaccine encoding the S protein of SARS-CoV induced CD4+ and CD8+ T cell and NAb responses in a mouse model and in a phase I clinical trial80,81.

Is this what you're referring to?

Happy to take a closer read. I just had a test on viral vectors this morning not that I know everything about the subject

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:55 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
What if I'm concerned that my medically fragile 1 year old asthmatic should get it?

You are rightfully concerned. I have a niece with asthma and her mom is concerned about her getting many respiratory diseases- not just covid. Even before covid, she would always take precautions to prevent my niece from getting sick, and she just continues those precautions now

amother
Blush

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:56 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
You are rightfully concerned. I have a niece with asthma and her mom is concerned about her getting many respiratory diseases- not just covid. Even before covid, she would always take precautions to prevent my niece from getting sick, and she just continues those precautions now

My son has asthma and the doc said there is no higher concern. A year later how many kids have gotten sick from covid needing hospitalization they are the same kids at risk for flu or any virus.

busymother

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:57 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
People have to do their own research.

I though that was the whole point of an educated public - so the people don't have to blindly
trust the "experts" but can read and research and make their own decisions.

Unfortunately nowadays research is really hard to do. Big tech and big pharma teamed up to censor everything. And the fact checkers... don’t even get me started!!

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 3:00 pm
busymother wrote:
Here’s one:
https://factcheckedorg.files.w.....1.pdf

Thanks will check out the links in there. Appreciated.

Though I would not call everything in there "facts" as they claim.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 3:07 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
If the bolded is true then what makes you trust the vaccine manufacturers who have not conducted any long term studies and have unblinded the studies they did have? Who dismiss all side effects and deaths that is being reported by thousands of people? And have zero liability and cant be sued or held accountable if something does go wrong (which is dismissed and invalidated to begin with)? They have absolutely nothing to lose and dont care if people die or get injured, they still make their money so how can you trust or believe anything they say?

Look. I made a personal cost/benefit analysis to get the vaccine. I didn't come out and say that it's recommended for everyone across the board. I'm skeptical of all claims on all ends and read whatever I can. That said, I haven't seen any real data (not being skewed) by the anti covid vaxxers. If you provide for me I am happy to read. All I've seen are a bunch of blog articles which aren't even ashamed to bring up some obvious pseudoscience points.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics