Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Stool in chubby baby private crevices

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 1:22 pm
My 20 month old is very chubby she has four flab’s of fat on both sides of her private part and every time she poops, poop gets spread from the top of her private part to the back- and in her urethra. Other then potty training is there anything I can do to prevent the shmearing of poop towards her urethra. I’m worried of her getting a UTI. She’s already in the largest size diapers

ShishKabob

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 1:23 pm
I would wash her off with water every time she has a dirty diaper. Kind of a semi bath with soap to make sure this doesn't happen. You can hold her over the bathroom sink if that's possible.

Blessing1

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 1:27 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
I would wash her off with water every time she has a dirty diaper. Kind of a semi bath with soap to make sure this doesn't happen. You can hold her over the bathroom sink if that's possible.

This. Don't let her sit in a dirty diaper and wash all crevices well. You can also use baby powder every time you change her diaper.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 1:29 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
This. Don't let her sit in a dirty diaper and wash all crevices well. You can also use baby powder every time you change her diaper.

What kind of baby powder and why baby powder?

She also wakes up with poop frequently. Is there anything prophylactic I can do before I put her to bed?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 1:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

She also wakes up with poop frequently. Is there anything prophylactic I can do before I put her to bed?

Also she has low muscle tone- is there a way to make her stronger and how long does the flabbiness take to go away- she’s been walking for 3 months now and is getting faster but is still flabby and chubby

amother
Violet

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 1:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

use a cream barrier.

SuperWify

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:51 pm
You have to clean really well and pry open the folds to get everything out of the crevices each and every time.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:51 pm
Is your shower head detachable? You can spray her with it in the tub.

naomi2

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 3:54 pm
If her stools are loose all the time there may be a dietary issue

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 4:08 pm
naomi2 wrote:
If her stools are loose all the time there may be a dietary issue

Like what? It’s not so runny it’s like oatmeal texture

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:45 pm
Keeping her microbiome healthy will help ward off utis. E. coli is only pathogenic in dysbiosis. Hygiene is always a good idea but this is another piece.

womanwithaplan

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:50 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Keeping her microbiome healthy will help ward off utis. E. coli is only pathogenic in dysbiosis. Hygiene is always a good idea but this is another piece.

Can you explain this a bit further? I have a family member that suffers from frequent utis and I would love to help them out.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 7:14 pm
womanwithaplan wrote:
Can you explain this a bit further? I have a family member that suffers from frequent utis and I would love to help them out.
Basically the bladder and urinary tract have their own microbiome, colonies of friendly bacteria that help them function as they should, and part of their job is to keep pathogenic (disease causing) bacteria in check. Recurrent utis can have many different causes, but it’s possible that the bad bacteria keep growing back because there isn’t enough good bacteria to crowd them out. The way to address this is by taking probiotics (there are some that are designed specifically for urinary tract health), plenty of fermented foods, and eat a diet that promotes the growth of healthy bacteria and discourages the growth of pathogenic bacteria.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 7:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Also she has low muscle tone- is there a way to make her stronger and how long does the flabbiness take to go away- she’s been walking for 3 months now and is getting faster but is still flabby and chubby

Get her PT.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics