Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
How do I do a word count?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:05 pm
I need to submit a 2800 character/430 word essay.
Approximately how many lines/paragraphs would that be? Kind of have to figure out which direction to go with this and no clue what we’re looking at lol!

dena613

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:08 pm
It's short.

find a few paragraphs in any short article, and count the words to get a feeling for how long that is.

On Microsoft word, on the bottom of the screen, they give you a running word and character count as you type

HAtzlacha!

singleagain

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:11 pm
https://wordcounter.net/

I like this website wordcounter.net because it also will pull out for you for instance how many times you're using certain words and it gives you percentages and things like that so you can go back through it and let's say you said the word said too many times you're actually set as a one you want to say a lot but you know like if you're using the same word too many times it'll show you and stuff

singleagain

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:14 pm
I just recently read this and think it might help you

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:18 pm
dena613 wrote:
It's short.

find a few paragraphs in any short article, and count the words to get a feeling for how long that is.

On Microsoft word, on the bottom of the screen, they give you a running word and character count as you type

HAtzlacha!

Thanks!
This is so helpful and cool! I’m actually working on a word document template and I can see the count when selecting the part I’m working on. Now I hope this gets presented well.. working on a poster for an international scientific meeting, sharing our medical journal...

Portobello

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 1:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks!
This is so helpful and cool! I’m actually working on a word document template and I can see the count when selecting the part I’m working on. Now I hope this gets presented well.. working on a poster for an international scientific meeting, sharing our medical journal...

Sounds like you have a cool job! What is your writing about?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 1:32 am
Portobello wrote:
Sounds like you have a cool job! What is your writing about?
sharing our (unique roller coaster) story, difficulties we’ve encountered in our treatment, our hopes, messages to the doctors. Stuff like that...

Eta, it’s not work related. I’m doing this purely as an educational tool for the professionals to learn from our story & to give doctors an insight to the other side of the “desk”. Not easy for us to share this (somewhat) publicly, but it’s very rare situation and I’m happy to be a part of science.

shanarishona

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 1:43 am
Wow. That’s really special.

Microsoft word - go to tools - click on word count

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 1:49 am
singleagain wrote:
https://wordcounter.net/

I like this website wordcounter.net because it also will pull out for you for instance how many times you're using certain words and it gives you percentages and things like that so you can go back through it and let's say you said the word said too many times you're actually set as a one you want to say a lot but you know like if you're using the same word too many times it'll show you and stuff

So cool! Just pulled this up & im glad it puts the reading level as college student LOL

Portobello

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 2:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
sharing our (unique roller coaster) story, difficulties we’ve encountered in our treatment, our hopes, messages to the doctors. Stuff like that...

Eta, it’s not work related. I’m doing this purely as an educational tool for the professionals to learn from our story & to give doctors an insight to the other side of the “desk”. Not easy for us to share this (somewhat) publicly, but it’s very rare situation and I’m happy to be a part of science.

Wow I get it. It must feel good to be able to use your life situation to teach others.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club