Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Day Camp

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:37 am
Hi,
I have a question regarding Summer ; Day Camp? Schools in Lakewood don't have their own like in Brooklyn (Bp)?
What would be options for girls from Bais Yaakov of BP? for Lakewood Reference somewhere in-between Bnos Hadassah/Bnos Penina type
also Any new School suggestions ??
Thanks !!!

Chayalle

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:43 am
Schools in Lakewood rent out their facilities to daycamps, but they are not running those daycamps, and there's no real connection between the school/daycamp. IOW, girls from BF don't necessarily go to the daycamp that happens to rent their facilities from BF. (some do, some don't).

My DD worked one summer as a specialty in Dollhouse, and I believe it had alot of Bnos Penina girls. Might be an option for you. I think Ruach L'Banos could be another great choice. I'm sure there are other choices as well, others can chime in.

Hatzlacha!

amother
Pink

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:45 am
Can you call her teacher and ask if she knows were girls are going?
Or send with other girls in your neighborhood she knows.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:52 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Can you call her teacher and ask if she knows were girls are going?
Or send with other girls in your neighborhood she knows.
[quote]

They are currently in a Brooklyn School. Would They Day Camp's accept or is it hard to get a slot like with the school's?

Chayalle

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:55 am
Daycamps and schools have no connection. They are often competing for campers.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 12:47 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]
Quote:

They are currently in a Brooklyn School. Would They Day Camp's accept or is it hard to get a slot like with the school's?

Send her with a friend. Like a cousin or someone. Otherwise it will be hard. Most kids go to camp with kids they know.

Camps are not affiliated to schools.
Although many camps are full both halves already. I think more kids are going to camp this summer bec of how bein hazmanim works out this year.

(Im feeling this now myself - I normally wait to sign up for second half so don’t have to write so many checks at once. And camps are typically not full second half. I Guess it’s bec of how bein hazmanim worked out this year my kids were closed out of camps they want for second half Sad I’m feeling like a bad mother bec they didn’t have second place choices. )

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:14 pm
Any girls day camps that have room? Doesn’t have to be a huge fancy camp

Thanks

amother
Pink

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:34 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Any girls day camps that have room? Doesn’t have to be a huge fancy camp

Thanks

I’m sure there are. Don’t mean to scare you.
Just might not get first choice.
(I’d try dollhouse, azamara, Leiba, ahava, meoros is a smaller camp)
How old is she?
If there are backyard camps in your neighborhood that may also be good. Not so overwhelming. More individualized attention. Meet kids in the neighborhood.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 12:01 am
Bnos penina and bnos Hadassah are miles apart. Which one are u sending to. The big camps they go to are prob full. Eg, dollhouse, Rina, meira, chavivos is chassidish Yiddish speaking. If you know where you're moving try your neighbors to see where they're sending. A backyard camp is your best choice at this point. Good luck!

Ps. Rule of thumb for living in Lakewood. Most anything you need should be booked appx ten months in advance- playgroup, school, babysitter, daycamp, sheitelmachers. I kid you not.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 12:04 am
Look at the bp weekly camp section, see who is still advertising they have space.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 12:55 pm
[quote="amother [ Coral ]"]Bnos penina and bnos Hadassah are miles apart.

in what sense? I read on an older thread that there's overlap between the two schools?

Can anyone give an update on both schools? Any other school that would be somewhere in between??

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 6:07 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Send her with a friend. Like a cousin or someone. Otherwise it will be hard. Most kids go to camp with kids they know.

Camps are not affiliated to schools.
Although many camps are full both halves already. I think more kids are going to camp this summer bec of how bein hazmanim works out this year.

(Im feeling this now myself - I normally wait to sign up for second half so don’t have to write so many checks at once. And camps are typically not full second half. I Guess it’s bec of how bein hazmanim worked out this year my kids were closed out of camps they want for second half Sad I’m feeling like a bad mother bec they didn’t have second place choices. )
Really? I'm lucky I signed up when I did then. I thought the camps never fill up for second half. I wonder if people are still feeling burned from last year's lockdown. That was a big part of why I signed up for the whole summer when I did.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:11 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Really? I'm lucky I signed up when I did then. I thought the camps never fill up for second half. I wonder if people are still feeling burned from last year's lockdown. That was a big part of why I signed up for the whole summer when I did.

I spoke to one of them yesterday and there was availability for July and August

amother
Puce

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:13 am
A few super popular camps fill up the rest have space usually. I wouldn't panic. I don't know those schools sorry can't be of help.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:05 am
I was shocked I called 2 big day camps and they still have room. People rush to sign up in February but there are still slots in may. I’m looking for friends that didn’t sign up yet to go together
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries