Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
FDA Authorizes Pfizer vax for age 12-15
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Pink

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:01 pm
challahchallah wrote:
So you stated numbers to scare people that there’s a high death rate, but you refuse to link to a source because you haven’t looked into it very well? That’s appalling and dangerous.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html
Over 4,000 deaths. I got the vaccine, but this is the data from the CDC. Percent wise it's low, but it's high in absolute numbers.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:09 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Except for the dead ones...want to play the odds with your kid? I sure don't

What kind of comment is this?

The majority of deaths among children aged 5-19 are a result of an auto accident. Do your children ever ride in a car or bus? You're okay to play the odds with your kids?

Can't Believe It

causemommysaid

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:11 pm
I think it's cute how so many people trust what Pfizer says about anything.

This is a company that's already proven themselves liars and criminals in the past and are literally raking in trillions of dollars with this vaccine.

The risk of covid to kids is basically negligible. Why in the world would I even consider it? Its not polio or measles.

Teomima

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:17 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Legitamitely there are risks both ways.

In Pfizers papers on the trials in children, this or the one under this age group they had 9/200 death rate from the vaccine. Thats around 4.5%. Consider that risk against the risks we have seen from the virus in that age group.

I am not saying what is right or wrong, just bringing the literature to your attention.

You are making statements and refusing to back them up with proof. This is fear mongering of an extreme degree. Edit your post to either site your source or say something along the lines of "to the best of my recollection" or I will report your post.

causemommysaid

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:21 pm
Teomima wrote:
You are making statements and refusing to back them up with proof. This is fear mongering of an extreme degree. Edit your post to either site your source or say something along the lines of "to the best of my recollection" or I will report your post.

So report it. She already clarified.

Gosh, those of you who are so sure about the vaccines seem very defensive about anyone being critical. If you're so sure then let the data speak for itself.

Teomima

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:27 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
So report it. She already clarified.

Gosh, those of you who are so sure about the vaccines seem very defensive about anyone being critical. If you're so sure then let the data speak for itself.

She did not clarify. And (as of right now) she certainly didn't edit her OP to clarify. And nowhere on this thread did I make any statement about how I feel regarding the vaccine. But I do not approve of fear mongering.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:29 pm
Teomima wrote:
She did not clarify. And (as of right now) she certainly didn't edit her OP to clarify. And nowhere on this thread did I make any statement about how I feel regarding the vaccine. But I do not approve of fear mongering.

Do you disapprove of the way the government fear-mongered Covid?

chanchy123

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:31 pm
BH

Aylat

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:32 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html
Over 4,000 deaths. I got the vaccine, but this is the data from the CDC. Percent wise it's low, but it's high in absolute numbers.

This is the relevant passage.
Quote:

Over 245 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through May 3, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 4,178 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths. Get the latest safety information on the J&J/Janssen vaccine. CDC and FDA will continue to investigate reports of adverse events, including deaths, reported to VAERS.

1) 0.0017% is a far cry from the 4.5% suggested earlier in the thread.
2) 0.0017% is not the risk of death from the vaccine, it is the percentage of people who died within a certain amount of time after having the vaccine.People die from many different causes. Investigation and autopsies have not managed to find a causal link with the vaccine.
3) There is an unconfirmed suggestion that the Johnson vaccine may have a rare side-effect of blood clots. Caution may be advised especially in those who already have risk factors for blood clots.

GLUE

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 1:07 am
Aylat wrote:
2) 0.0017% is not the risk of death from the vaccine, it is the percentage of people who died within a certain amount of time after having the vaccine.People die from many different causes. Investigation and autopsies have not managed to find a causal link with the vaccine.
3) There is an unconfirmed suggestion that the Johnson vaccine may have a rare side-effect of blood clots. Caution may be advised especially in those who already have risk factors for blood clots.

What I find amazing is that in NY in April all deaths were Coivd deaths, I have heard first hand from people who's mother did not die from Coivd but it said on their death papers that they did. It did not matter if some one came in with a gun shot or car accident it was Coivd.

Nobody died from the vaccine it does not matter if they died right after they got the vaccine, there are so much other reasons why people die nothing to do with the vaccine.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 1:46 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
So scary. I don't know why anyone would want to give a child an experimental vaccine. Yes, it was tested...but not tested for long term effects. Covid barely effects children, why do we need to sulubject them to this?

Some children ARE high risk due to medical things or obesity. I have a neighbor who is and I'm so glad she will be able to get the vaccine now. I was really worried for her.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 3:25 am
#BestBubby wrote:
So your kid never goes in a car?

Because the odds of dying in a car crash are a gazillion times higher then your kid
dying from Covid - it's practically zero.

But sure - roll the dice on an experimental vaccine that may make a child sterile
or cause cancer down the road.

Great example. We take safety precautions in a car. Same as the vaccine being a safety precaution, perfect example. There is zero evidence of sterility or cancer from the shot. This is the same garbage peddled 20 years ago when a bunch of us were taking fertility drugs.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 3:29 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
What kind of comment is this?

The majority of deaths among children aged 5-19 are a result of an auto accident. Do your children ever ride in a car or bus? You're okay to play the odds with your kids?

Can't Believe It

Great example to prove my point. We take safety precautions when we drive. We wear seat belts,get drivers licenses. The vaccine is also a safety precaution. Thanks for the example proving my point.

small bean

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 4:39 am
southernbubby wrote:
Your kids sound like they are small for their ages. That was not my experience with daughters and granddaughters. Personally I wouldn't mind limiting the vaccine to adults but I also can't fault teachers who won't return to classrooms. Vaccines are most effective when everyone in society gets them.
It's not too great in India right now and only 3% of the population is vaccinated. Some of the critically ill and dying are not elderly but there is a high rate of obesity and diabetes in middle aged and young adults and this may be driving up the rate of severe illness. It's estimated that there have been a million deaths in India. The point that I am trying to make is that the American population is also not that healthy and I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to take chances regarding outbreaks among students.

Completely selfish and immoral. I cant believe people are okay with an emergency use drug for kids to protect themselves.

My kids are small but they are not off the charts, which means there are plenty of kids around like them.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 4:56 am
I know a family who's 10 year old boy is already 5'8" tall, and well over 200 pounds. He is extremely unhealthy. They are constantly struggling over getting him to eat healthy and put down the iPad.

This family believes in vaccination, and I hope that it will be approved for their 10 year old soon. B'H, all his older siblings are vaccinated, but he still risks exposure at school.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 4:57 am
small bean wrote:
Completely selfish and immoral. I cant believe people are okay with an emergency use drug for kids to protect themselves.

My kids are small but they are not off the charts, which means there are plenty of kids around like them.

The low end of the chart means that the majority of students that age are large enough to spread the virus. 60 lbs is possibly also large enough to spread the virus. So let these schools continue on Zoom if students don't want the vaccine. It's not immoral or selfish not to want to risk Covid. Nobody knows how long vaccine immunity lasts at this point or how well it works on mutations but it's wrong to expect people to gamble with their health or their lives on either end.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 5:02 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I know a family who's 10 year old boy is already 5'8" tall, and well over 200 pounds. He is extremely unhealthy. They are constantly struggling over getting him to eat healthy and put down the iPad.

This family believes in vaccination, and I hope that it will be approved for their 10 year old soon. B'H, all his older siblings are vaccinated, but he still risks exposure at school.

Much of America is like that and we should not ignore what is happening in India because ignoring Wuhan was an enormous mistake. I would have stereotyped people in India as less likely to be obese and have type 2 diabetes but my stereotype was waaay off base.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 5:15 am
Aylat wrote:
Even though they haven't established a causal link, doesn't mean there isn't one. I'm a pro vaxer, I took the vaccine, but that doesn't mean I'm going to ignore this. It may be these deaths had nothing to do with the vaccine and it could also be related. Right now they would certainly not confirm this unless there was a clear connection like the J&J one, but maybe in the future they will learn this, who knows.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 5:27 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Do you disapprove of the way the government fear-mongered Covid?

I don't.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 5:36 am
southernbubby wrote:
The low end of the chart means that the majority of students that age are large enough to spread the virus. 60 lbs is possibly also large enough to spread the virus. So let these schools continue on Zoom if students don't want the vaccine. It's not immoral or selfish not to want to risk Covid. Nobody knows how long vaccine immunity lasts at this point or how well it works on mutations but it's wrong to expect people to gamble with their health or their lives on either end.

If according to you "it's wrong to expect people to gamble with their health", then why is it right to gamble with our children's health and mandate them to get an experimental vaccine for a disease that barely effects them? Let the elderly and immunocomprimosed and people who are concerned take the precautions they feel is necessary for them. Don't force an experimental vaccine on our children! Why is it our children's obligation to save others...let people save themselves...they can get the vaccine and take the precautions that they feel is necessary for themselves.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics