Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Never went for a Pedicure
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Silver

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:12 pm
Please make an appointment for a Pedicure, sometimes these salons get very busy. Especially as Yomtov gets closer. When you call for appointment, ask how much it will cost.

Relax and enjoy. You may just love it and do it much more often.

Also, for the lady with ugly fungus feet, that is exactly why you need a monthly pedicure.

Where do you guys live?

Crookshanks

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:13 pm
If she seems sweet, tell her. People love helping other people especially introducing someone to something that they know a lot about.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:55 am
Is there just one person when you walk in? If not, whom do I tell what I want to do? Like is there a receptionist and a pedicurist?

singleagain

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 8:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is there just one person when you walk in? If not, whom do I tell what I want to do? Like is there a receptionist and a pedicurist?

Most places. You go in and there's a desk... You tell them you want a pedicure. Something the person at the desk takes you in sometimes they give you over to someone else. Usually someone will great you anyways.

Also be aware. It's not as common. There might be male manicurists working there.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 8:06 am
So whom do I tell what I came for?

trixx

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 8:14 am
You tell either receptionist or you just walk in and kind of announce it (they'll look up or ask you).

Did someone tell you to take flip flops. Bring along just in case.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 8:20 am
No one told me. Thank you very much.
I can’t wait to be over with it, I’ll be so proud of myself for trying something new. I’m so bad at it.

singleagain

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 8:30 am
Op I can't wait to hear how it goes

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 9:02 am
I’ll make sure to update you all! No more questions for now, but in the next 2 days, I might have some more. Thanks everybody

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 9:43 am
Good luck Op!
I never had one either, you're not the only one!

Crookshanks

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:26 am
Good luck OP! I never had one either by you're inspiring me to try it too!
BTW, you probably don't need flip flops since you're not getting polish and you don't need to wait for it to dry. They'll give you disposable slippers there.

singleagain

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 12:45 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Good luck OP! I never had one either by you're inspiring me to try it too!
BTW, you probably don't need flip flops since you're not getting polish and you don't need to wait for it to dry. They'll give you disposable slippers there.

That's true. But you might feel more comfortable in your own. Sometimes the ones they give you are not that much thicker than cardboard.

Crookshanks

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 12:51 pm
singleagain wrote:
That's true. But you might feel more comfortable in your own. Sometimes the ones they give you are not that much thicker than cardboard.

I don't know what fancy places you go to, the ones I've seen are basically made out of tissue paper, forgot cardboard!
Very Happy

singleagain

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 1:09 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
I don't know what fancy places you go to, the ones I've seen are basically made out of tissue paper, forgot cardboard!
Very Happy

Truth is I haven't been to the pedicure since 2018. And I am usually going my own flip flops anyways.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 2:56 pm
me neither. also just ahd a baby and would LOVE to treat myself before mikva with a pedicure BUT: im super super tuckelish, like EXTREMLY tickelish. I cant stand anyone touching my feet at all.

I LOVE massages and whenever I get a massage I tell the lady she should pretend to hurt me , like make the massage sper super strong, becuase when it hurts it doesbt tickle.

maybe I shouldnt have a pedicure then , what do you think?

anybody tickelish here who has experience with pedicure?

enjoy your treat and update us, im curious how you liked it Smile

Crookshanks

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 5:10 pm
OP thanks for opening this thread you inspired me to get the first pedicure in my life I got my toes painted a deep blue green color and they're making me so happy 😍

singleagain

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 5:12 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
OP thanks for opening this thread you inspired me to get the first pedicure in my life I got my toes painted a deep blue green color and they're making me so happy 😍

I would love to see the color if you feel comfortable to take a picture and post it

Crookshanks

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 5:19 pm
singleagain wrote:
I would love to see the color if you feel comfortable to take a picture and post it

I don't feel comfortable posting I will pm you later:)

amother
White

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 5:28 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
me neither. also just ahd a baby and would LOVE to treat myself before mikva with a pedicure BUT: im super super tuckelish, like EXTREMLY tickelish. I cant stand anyone touching my feet at all.

I LOVE massages and whenever I get a massage I tell the lady she should pretend to hurt me , like make the massage sper super strong, becuase when it hurts it doesbt tickle.

maybe I shouldnt have a pedicure then , what do you think?

anybody tickelish here who has experience with pedicure?

enjoy your treat and update us, im curious how you liked it Smile

This has me laughing! I’ve very squeamish and ticklish too and I always get just polish so I don’t get over “touched” and even then I can’t handle her holding one toe at a a time lol. My daughter OT just told me this is a part of a sensory processing disorder.. never thought of myself as sensory but I guess If I really can’t be touched on my toes that maybe there’s something to it

chanasmom

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 6:12 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
I'm following this thread because I've never either gotten a pedicure.

Bad idea if I have gross/ingrown toenails? Can they say sorry we can't handle you if they are truly disgusting?? LOL

The reason why it’s not the greatest idea if you have ingrown toenails (which aren’t gross btw! It’s just the nail growing wrong)is that the nail tech might cut the area the wrong way, and you could end up with a painful infection. Some really can deal with the ingrowns really well. But don’t take your chances. I learned the hard way.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics