Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I feel like I'm always clothes shopping

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 5:34 pm
Whether its tights undergarments shells or tops and skirts. I dont know why and I don't even have that much clothes..Anyone feel me ?

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 5:35 pm
Yup.

SuperWify

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 6:23 pm
Me too.

I don’t understand the posters that claim they are wearing the same stuff from the 90’s... even if I don’t update my wardrobe my size is constantly changing at this point. And tights get holes and shells get old.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 6:26 pm
Yup. Shopping is my main activity. For me and my kids. For my husband too.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 6:41 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Me too.

I don’t understand the posters that claim they are wearing the same stuff from the 90’s... even if I don’t update my wardrobe my size is constantly changing at this point. And tights get holes and shells get old.

I do wear my dressy clothes for many years. Including a few items from the 90s. I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who has shells or tights that old. Those items are not hard to replace in the sense of going to a bunch of stores, looking around, trying on lots to maybe find a few things that are flattering. Replacing shells is just going to the website which sells the shells I like and buying them.
Outer clothes shopping, especially dressy, tailored items, takes a lot longer.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 6:52 pm
Yup.
Between myself, husband, kids there is always sth one of us needs.
Just this week, I bought a whole loads of tights for me and my girls, we were all running very low, my boys needed new pjs, I gave birth not long ago so I needed some things to tide me over till I get around to losing more weight, 2 kids needed some weekday clothes for the change of weather last yrs are too small, 1 son needed more shirts for yt he only has 1 that fits him properly, another dd needed a light jacket, another ds new shoes, and dd just told me today her school shoes are feeling tight. the new baby needs stuff too.
Sounds crazy cos I just bought everyone new clothes before pesach. and soon I'm going to need to get clothes for the summer and camp etc.
I also dont understand ppl who say they dont buy clothes, or spend so little. Even if I'd use handmedowns what happens when kids especially suddenly grow and need new things? Or tights and shells and underwear etc? How? I wish I knew the trick.
And I'm quite minimalist, I really dont like having too much because then the cupboards get messy and the laundry is overwhelming.
Just remembered 1 dd came home this week her principle told her she needs to get new school skirts. So that's another thing I need to get. And I just bought her new ones in January.
I just always say knh we are all healthy and growing bh.

SuperWify

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 6:54 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I do wear my dressy clothes for many years. Including a few items from the 90s. I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who has shells or tights that old. Those items are not hard to replace in the sense of going to a bunch of stores, looking around, trying on lots to maybe find a few things that are flattering. Replacing shells is just going to the website which sells the shells I like and buying them.
Outer clothes shopping, especially dressy, tailored items, takes a lot longer.

Well good for you that you fit into your clothes from 20-30 years ago! (I certainly don’t- I was just a wee lass who didn’t weigh more then 50 pounds hehe LOL)

but hopefully by the time I’m done the having kids stage I’ll be thinner then I am now- amen.

Even if I was always the same size.. It’s just my nature. I don’t keep one extra thing in my house. I get 8-10 new outfits every season and basically give away the rest. Whatever I’m not wearing bye bye.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:07 pm
I don't fit into/still have all my clothes from the past 20 years! Clearly even shul clothes wear out or were really not great purchases to begin with. Some classics do last. Ialso love having a "b" closet. Those are either super dressy outfits (mother of the bride/groom/bar mitzvah) and some things that don't move me now but I may revisit. Neither category live in my everyday closet but I am glad to have the closet space to keep them.

Portobello

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:22 pm
I shop all the time. I feel like I buy at least one new thing every week. I still have a long list if things I need and want and I've been shopping for 2 months.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics