Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
To those who say the vaccine isn’t coercion
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Orange

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 6:55 pm
tichellady wrote:

And given what is going on in this world right now, you seem very narrowminded to be worrying about this.

Hey sister, it's not necessary to insult someone like that. C'mon.
If you got triggered, then just say so. We understand. We all get triggered by different comments. No need to project or insult someone when we get triggered. I'm talking to myself too.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 6:59 pm
finprof wrote:
Ummmm, there is this thing in Judaism about respecting life......Yep, that's right, I respect you even if you won't do the same for others, its just how I roll

Were you always careful to mask around people who weren't vaccinated for the flu, even if you were vaccinated for the flu?

I will be getting vaccinated soon (when I reach the second trimester of pregnancy) and I will absolutely not wear a mask once I am a vaccinated. I was watching Dr walensky from the CDC and she herself said that data shows that you cannot spread the virus if you are vaccinated.

Also, the people I know who are not getting vaccinated are the same people who think the whole covid thing is a joke. They are not scared of catching covid. They don't care if I wear a mask or not, because they don't even wear masks themselves.

At this point anyone can get vaccinated. It is free and easily accessible to all. If someone makes a dumb decision not to get vaccinated, then they have to live with the consequwnce of potentially catching covid.

Leahh

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:01 pm
tichellady wrote:
Do you know what coercion means????
Clearly not.

And given what is going on in this world right now, you seem very narrowminded to be worrying about this.

Everyone is entitled to their feelings and expressing them.
Some, myself included, have a hard time processing what is going on and for an emotional reasons need to talk about and read about other things besides the terrible situation in EY.
That doesn't mean my head is in the sand. It means that my life is not there, I am effected differently by it and I need to be in an emotional state to be able to care for my children, prepare for shabbos, yt....
I recognize there are people that don't have that luxury right now. But where I live, life is going on and I need to be present for the people around me.
For me, that means checking in on the news every so often when I can handle not. And when I can't handle it, blocking it by getting occupied with other topics.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:01 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
So then why are people who take the vaccine so concerned about what others do? Take the vaccine and protect yourself. Why does it bother you if someone else does not take it, if taking the vaccine protects you?

I agree 100% with you. Like I said in my previous post, I will be getting vaccinated soon. once I am immune I do not care what other people do. I don't care if they wear masks, if they are vaccinated, if they distance, or if they quarantine. I will be protected and safe.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:03 pm
Leahh wrote:
Rightfully so!
Why does a healthy, young person need it?
Or a person that already has immunity?

healthy young people can get very sick from Covid-19 - especially the newer variants.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:04 pm
Either the vaccine works or not, vaccinated people shouldn't have to wear masks. And people with antibodies shouldn't have to take it, it should be optional.

finprof

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:05 pm
"Were you always careful to mask around people who weren't vaccinated for the flu, even if you were vaccinated for the flu"
No, but that was before masking was normalized. Honestly I might mask during flu season this year even if it isn't required. I love how few sick days my kids and I had this year because of masks and SD!

tichellady

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:07 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Hey sister, it's not necessary to insult someone like that. C'mon.
If you got triggered, then just say so. We understand. We all get triggered by different comments. No need to project or insult someone when we get triggered. I'm talking to myself too.

I’m not triggered I just don’t understand why anyone thinks that this is coercion.

amother
Burgundy

amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Were you always careful to mask around people who weren't vaccinated for the flu, even if you were vaccinated for the flu?

I will be getting vaccinated soon (when I reach the second trimester of pregnancy) and I will absolutely not wear a mask once I am a vaccinated. I was watching Dr walensky from the CDC and she herself said that data shows that you cannot spread the virus if you are vaccinated.

Also, the people I know who are not getting vaccinated are the same people who think the whole covid thing is a joke. They are not scared of catching covid. They don't care if I wear a mask or not, because they don't even wear masks themselves.

At this point anyone can get vaccinated. It is free and easily accessible to all. If someone makes a dumb decision not to get vaccinated, then they have to live with the consequwnce of potentially catching covid.

Who is your OB that will let you come to the office with out a mask?

amother
Beige

Should the US open its borders to visitors from all countries?

tichellady

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:08 pm
Leahh wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their feelings and expressing them.
Some, myself included, have a hard time processing what is going on and for an emotional reasons need to talk about and read about other things besides the terrible situation in EY.
That doesn't mean my head is in the sand. It means that my life is not there, I am effected differently by it and I need to be in an emotional state to be able to care for my children, prepare for shabbos, yt....
I recognize there are people that don't have that luxury right now. But where I live, life is going on and I need to be present for the people around me.
For me, that means checking in on the news every so often when I can handle not. And when I can't handle it, blocking it by getting occupied with other topics.

I’m fine with people talking about other topics I’m just confused why this is upsetting to anyone. I really don’t get it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:10 pm
tichellady wrote:
Do you know what coercion means????
Clearly not.

Did you read my 2 posts? Clearly not.
And do you have to give a personal attack or do you have any better points to prove that you aren’t narrow minded?

amother
Black

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:10 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Should the US open its borders to visitors from all countries?

Considering that people are flooding in to our country despite the borders being "closed", what is the difference

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:12 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Considering that people are flooding in to our country despite the borders being "closed", what is the difference

So yes? Open up the flights?

youngishbear

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:13 pm
I don't understand the "why do we still need a mask after vaccination" question. We don't.

Vaccinated people don't need to wear masks outdoors or in groups with other vaccinated people.

The problem arises when there are vaccinated and unvaccinated people in the same public indoor setting. How do we identify the vaccinated people who qualify for the exemption? Should they make people wear stickers "I am vaccinated"? Should we color-code them somehow?

How do you suggest this be managed in public settings?

(I think we are getting closer to the day when masks are not mandated at all, but we're not quite at that threshold yet).

Last edited by youngishbear on Tue, May 11 2021, 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:13 pm
finprof wrote:
Free admission or donuts are a nice bonus but I'm vaccinated so I don't breath on my parents or immunocompromised students and accidentally kill them.

A vaccine protects the vaccinated. So if someone is nervous about catching a virus, they should vaccinate themselves- like your parents or immunocompromised students. They shouldn’t worry about what others around them are doing because they are protected. To say you’re vaccinating yourself to protect others is virtue signaling.

But hey, if it makes you feel good- go for it.

youngishbear

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:16 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
A vaccine protects the vaccinated. So if someone is nervous about catching a virus, they should vaccinate themselves- like your parents or immunocompromised students. They shouldn’t worry about what others around them are doing because they are protected. To say you’re vaccinating yourself to protect others is virtue signaling.

But hey, if it makes you feel good- go for it.

Not everyone who is at risk for serious complications from Covid can get a vaccine. For example, chemotherapy can wipe out immunity and reduce effectiveness of vaccines. It can be contraindicated for people with certain conditions.

Getting vaccinated adds to the buffer zone around such vulnerable people. In other words, protects others.

GLUE

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:16 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I don't understand the "why do we still need a mask after vaccination" question. We don't.

Vaccinated people don't need to wear masks outdoors or in groups with other vaccinated people.

The problem arises when there are vaccinated and unvaccinated people in the same public indoor setting. How do we identify the vaccinated people who qualify for the exemption? Should they make people wear stickers "I am vaccinated"? Should we color-code them somehow?

How do you suggest this be managed in public settings?

(I think we are getting closer to the day when masks are not mandated at all, but we're not quite at that threshold yet).

How about the vaccinated people don't were masks and the people who don't want to get a vaccine or were a mask don't were one ether.

youngishbear

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:18 pm
GLUE wrote:
How about the vaccinated people don't were masks and the people who don't want to get a vaccine or were a mask don't were one ether.

We're getting there. It's my understanding that they would prefer too see a higher percentage of the population vaccinated before removing protective measures like that.

small bean

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:20 pm
No one has been wearing masks outside for months except in NY. It's not a thing in other states.

I know the CD gave permission now but it already wasn't being done.
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics