Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Several tiny bites -what is it, Please help!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 9:35 pm
My child has a bunch of tiny bites. Ives seen molloscum and they're a lot smaller than that. It's tiny pin prick bites. It almost looks like bed bugs, but the kid sleeps in a bunk bed and the other child doesn't have any and the bites look smaller than the ones they're showing on google. They're very small and look scabbed over. 3-4 on stomach , 3-4 o on back, 4-5 on side and 3-4 on ankles. What could it be?? I saw them when helping get dressed in PJs. I took a quick look on one corner of the mattress (sheets are dark colored, so can't see there) and didn't see. I will look more thoroughly in the morning. Any idea though? Pictures do seem to show bigger bites than this kid's. Please help? I'm kind of going crazy here

amother
Brown

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 9:39 pm
Idk. I'm sure other imas can be more helpful.

Take your kid to the dermatologist tomorrow?

amother
Brown

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 9:42 pm
From what I've learned on ima, and I googled to confirm,
Bedbugs bite in threes.... So it's very possible... Sad

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 9:57 pm
The bites seems smaller though and the child doesn't seem to be scratching them. Aren't they supposed to be very itchy? Any idea of anything else that could like this?

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:38 pm
Can definitely be bed bugs.
Everyone reacts differently to bed bugs.
When I had it I was the only one on my house that had bites that were visible and bothered me. And my husband definitely had in his bed as well but he didn't react to the bites.
Not saying that's what it is, but the fact that one kid reacted and one didn't is not enough of a reason to think its not.
Also, the rule of 3 is not so true either.
Nor is the rule that it's only on exposed body parts.
Good luck!

Zehava

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:42 pm
Doesn’t seem like bedbugs from the amount and location of the bites.
Take him to a dermatologist or even your regular pcp.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:04 am
Scabies?

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:31 am
Check for bedbugs! I got a bunch of bites while DH who sleeps in the same bed as me got none!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:34 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Scabies?

It doesn't look like what that looks like on google...

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:34 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Check for bedbugs! I got a bunch of bites while DH who sleeps in the same bed as me got none!

Oh gosh. I'll be in that room combing the mattresses in the morning.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh gosh. I'll be in that room combing the mattresses in the morning.

You’re better off calling a professional to check. They hide quite well.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 1:52 am
Did your child recently have a cold? My dc gets these weird rashes with every cold. Couple of little spots here, couple of spots there and they’re gone within a few days.

Teomima

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 4:53 am
I agree if it's in groups of 3-4 bites, it sounds like bedbugs. The easiest way to find signs of them yourself is to look on the bedframe itself. They leave black spots that almost look like small ink stains. When the exterminator pointed them out to me I suddenly noticed them everywhere on the infested beds when we had bedbugs. Sometimes you can also see the egg nests which look a bit like rice. Finding the bugs themselves is very hard. I finally caught one by scanning my child's bed at night with a flashlight. The best thing to do is call an exterminator asap and have them take a look.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 5:01 am
Have all the kids in that room have a "slumber party" on the living room floor until you can get an exterminator out!

Here in Israel there is some tiny little bug, maybe a desert fly, that makes tiny little red bites that are completely painless and not itchy at all. I only notice if I see them, and I'm covered with tiny red "freckles"!

Apparently when I sleep, I'm an all you can eat buffet. Confused

Linens are sterilized regularly, and the bed is spritzed with heavy duty insect repellant. It doesn't seem to make a difference, because they fly in at night, and then fly away when the sun comes up.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 6:05 am
Strange- my son has the same thing this week! Started with a few spots on his thigh. I checked and didn’t see anything else. Figured it must be some sort of bite. Next day there were a few more on the inner part of his leg and 3 on his neck. From my experience running to the doctor for a few spots, they don’t always know what it is and the spots go away. I bathed him and changed his linen. Washed the linen in hot water just in case there was something there. No new spots bH. He scratched the few he had and now they’re red and dried out. If I notice any new ones then I’ll take him to be checked but so far for 2 days nothing new.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 6:07 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Have all the kids in that room have a "slumber party" on the living room floor until you can get an exterminator out!

Here in Israel there is some tiny little bug, maybe a desert fly, that makes tiny little red bites that are completely painless and not itchy at all. I only notice if I see them, and I'm covered with tiny red "freckles"!

Apparently when I sleep, I'm an all you can eat buffet. Confused

Linens are sterilized regularly, and the bed is spritzed with heavy duty insect repellant. It doesn't seem to make a difference, because they fly in at night, and then fly away when the sun comes up.

Sleep with your window closed!!

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 7:15 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Strange- my son has the same thing this week! Started with a few spots on his thigh. I checked and didn’t see anything else. Figured it must be some sort of bite. Next day there were a few more on the inner part of his leg and 3 on his neck. From my experience running to the doctor for a few spots, they don’t always know what it is and the spots go away. I bathed him and changed his linen. Washed the linen in hot water just in case there was something there. No new spots bH. He scratched the few he had and now they’re red and dried out. If I notice any new ones then I’ll take him to be checked but so far for 2 days nothing new.

Omg bedbugs bite on the feet, hands and neck!! Please call an exterminator!

DrMom

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 8:22 am
Fleas? Has s/he been playing with any stray cats?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 8:37 am
We live in NY, so no desert bugs. Not playing with animals. I looked at the mattresses this morning. Didn't see anything on the them. I'll take them off to look at frames. Sticking linen and blankets in hot wash soon.
We moved recently and everything is pretty fresh-paint, floors etc. there's a lot of space between bed and walls and bed frame-has space between the slats etc.
I'm going to have someone in as definitely don't want to have an issue like that! Better to go right to exterminator or to doctor first?

Mommyto1

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:36 am
Hi OP,

I had the same story last week, I was sure it was bedbugs but the exterminator claimed otherwise. Not sure where you live, but there was a hand, foot mouth virus going around here in the past few weeks. It starts out looking like some mosquito bites and eventually spreads to the feet and hands(my baby had it on his knees and hands). It's highly contagious so they might have caught it from somebody. The exterminators probably got a lot of business now but I wouldn't hyperventilate just yet.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics