Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Several tiny bites -what is it, Please help!
Previous  1  2

Zehava

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We live in NY, so no desert bugs. Not playing with animals. I looked at the mattresses this morning. Didn't see anything on the them. I'll take them off to look at frames. Sticking linen and blankets in hot wash soon.
We moved recently and everything is pretty fresh-paint, floors etc. there's a lot of space between bed and walls and bed frame-has space between the slats etc.
I'm going to have someone in as definitely don't want to have an issue like that! Better to go right to exterminator or to doctor first?

Doctor first

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:53 am
One of my kids was once really bitten up and I was sure it was bedbugs. I was surprised when I brought him to the pediatrician that it wasn’t. Pediatrician didn’t even send me to a dermatologist just gave me a cream and it went away. Years ago my daughter who was a toddler at the time developed a strange rash covering her torso. I panicked and ran to the doctor. Doctor said sometimes kids get unexplained rashes and there are so many types but most go away on their own. I was told to just give her Benadryl and it did go away. I don’t go running to the doctor and panic right away anymore. First wash linen, bathe the child and see if it’s getting better or worse. Obviously if it’s getting worse or the child has other symptoms then go to the doctor but no need to panic right away. A doctor can usually tell if it looks like bedbugs.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:31 am
I looked at the bites again this morning. Definitely looks suspicious. On one ankle, stomach, side, back. 2-5 depending on location. One that's a line of 3Sad
None on face or hands or arms BH.
Just this kid, BH.
Didn't see anything (no shells, nothing black or white) on the 2 mattresses-in the folds or whatever. Checked bunkbed frames and didn't find anything there...I put linens in the wash on hot and vacuumed up their room. Guess off to the doctor this afternoon. It's definitely a phobia of mine, so I really hope it's just a weird thing that goes away.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 7:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I looked at the bites again this morning. Definitely looks suspicious. On one ankle, stomach, side, back. 2-5 depending on location. One that's a line of 3Sad
None on face or hands or arms BH.
Just this kid, BH.
Didn't see anything (no shells, nothing black or white) on the 2 mattresses-in the folds or whatever. Checked bunkbed frames and didn't find anything there...I put linens in the wash on hot and vacuumed up their room. Guess off to the doctor this afternoon. It's definitely a phobia of mine, so I really hope it's just a weird thing that goes away.

That’s good news because bedbugs tend to bite open areas like hands, feet and neck.
Time for the pediatrician?

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:48 pm
Hey op, any update? No pressure to share, just curious...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics