Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Defrost frozen salmon quickly

Crv

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:31 am
Hi! I have some vacuum packed Freunds frozen slices in freezer. It says thawing instructions to remove plastic and thaw in fridge overnight. But I only saw this morning and want to make today!! Is there any other good way to defrost frozen uncooked salmon? I'm also open to any easy, yummy recipes w instructions on how long to bake or broil for, covered or not, skin side down etc? We like it well-done.. Thanks a ton in advance for your help!!

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:32 am
It it vac packed? Put in cold water with some ice and keep an eye on it.

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:32 am
Take the salmons out of their packaging and let them sit in a large bowl of cool water. Change the water out occasionally.

cuffs

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:33 am
If your making it in the oven you don't need to defrost it

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:34 am
Remove the packaging from the salmon (very important since it keeps it frozen longer), place the frozen salmon in a Ziploc bag, seal, and dump it in a bowl of very cold water. If you need to speak if up even more, keep the water running if you can.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics