Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Dogecoin
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Mint

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 8:10 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I’m sorry that was mean of me. It’s the money we worked hard on. Its our investment for our house.

I don’t know the details. He pulled out when I begged him then interested it all again.

Wow, I'm sorry that's sounds too much of a risk. Why not half of that if your dh must? How much has it gone up by since you bought? Iyh it'll go back up. I'm debating over whether to buy today £200 worth 😁 would you?

Mollie

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 8:14 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
We bought at 0.6. It was expected to go up last night, but it actually went down. Is it worth just pulling it out now at .48? I'm scared it will go way down.

We didn't put in a huge amount, 1k, but it's a substantial sum for us and don't want to lose it.

Hold on to it. This isn’t something to watch day by day. Need to let it sit for a few years

shoshanim999

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 8:26 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
We bought at 0.6. It was expected to go up last night, but it actually went down. Is it worth just pulling it out now at .48? I'm scared it will go way down.

We didn't put in a huge amount, 1k, but it's a substantial sum for us and don't want to lose it.

Your comment demonstrates everything that's wrong and absurd about dogecoin. "It was expected to go up last night". Why? Because Elon Musk was hosting SNL and somehow his endorsement and jokes about doge were supposed to make it worth 20% or 30% than the previous day?

This is exactly what people mean when they say it has no intrinsic value. We can normally assess the value of a company by its earnings and expectation of future earnings. Dogecoin is just blowing in the wind. Meaning, if AAPL stock lost 50% of its value in the next 6 months we'd be able to offer specific arguments why it is undervalued and is a good buy. If dogecoin lost 99% of its value in 6 months nobody would be able to make a single reasonable argument why it's undervalued and a good buy. We can't compare Doge to bitcoin either as bitcoin has a limited supply and dogecoins are added everyday.

If you ask me is it possible doge will go higher from here, say to $1? Of course. But the overwhelming likelihood is that in the long run (2 or 3 years) doge will lose almost all its value. Anyone who invests in this and is holding should expect to lose their money.

shoshanim999

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 8:32 am
I don't understand how anyone can legitimately invest in something that is subject to losing 40% of its worth because a skit on Saturday night live didn't go as planned. Sheesh, there's gotta be a better idea.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 9:18 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Wow, I'm sorry that's sounds too much of a risk. Why not half of that if your dh must? How much has it gone up by since you bought? Iyh it'll go back up. I'm debating over whether to buy today £200 worth 😁 would you?

I told him half, he won’t listen to me. Says I have to trust him. Argh.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 9:27 am

I hope he proves you right iyh, because that's a lot of money Can't Believe It

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 9:46 am
I'm really tempted to put in $100 or so, but this chart is scaring me.
https://www.coindesk.com/price/dogecoin

I've been living under a rock for the past few years, so I have no idea how crypto currencies work.

Mollie

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 12:25 pm
It’s back up to 60 cents..

amother
Mint

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 12:37 pm
Mollie wrote:
It’s back up to 60 cents..

Wow, I'm going to try to buy today. Is it too late, or a case of better late than never?

Mollie

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 12:38 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Wow, I'm going to try to buy today. Is it too late, or a case of better late than never?

Only invest what you can afford to lose. You can become a millionaire or lose it all 😀

amother
Mint

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 12:40 pm
Mollie wrote:
Only invest what you can afford to lose. You can become a millionaire or lose it all 😀

Yes OK I plan to do that. I'll forget that I ever had that money.. It'll be gone in my mind, but hopefully it'll make me rich one day Very Happy

steak4me

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:26 am
Anyone think it’s going to stabilize and go back up?

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:45 am

Hugs! Why don't you just take out 35k - your initial investment? If that doesn't work,, Hard line tell him you want to take out 20k. At least something.

Lovable

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:05 am
steak4me wrote:

Yes! Dh and I have decided to just let go & forget about it ($1K investment)
We might just make a big buck in the future, when we remember about it

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:05 pm
steak4me wrote:

Good question, even Bitcoin is looking shallow.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:05 pm
Anyone know anything about the new Dotcoin?

amother
Violet

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:47 pm
Since rich and influential people are invested in it and showing interest in building it up, I wouldn't be too concerned or sell now at a loss.
If Tesla starts accepting it as payment it will go up. ( and there's a very strong possibility they will)
When Space-x launces in less than a year it will go up to.

Im no expert and of course its all based on speculation but odds seem to be in favor of it going up.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:55 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Since rich and influential people are invested in it and showing interest in building it up, I wouldn't be too concerned or sell now at a loss.
If Tesla starts accepting it as payment it will go up. ( and there's a very strong possibility they will)

Im no expert and of course its all based on speculation but odds seem to be in favor of it going up.

Are you referring to Dodgecoin or Dotcoin?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 1:47 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:

But ppl own large percentages (whales). If one of them would do a dump there would be huge devaluation. That adds to the risk.

doodlesmom

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 10:32 am
I see it’s up to .39. I hope those who made it big have cashed or in time.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics