Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do you know what's in the covid vaccines?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
White

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 3:03 pm
Roots wrote:
if the rabbis gave thier eitza to take it then thats enough for me. I dont have to dig deep and research and check aluminium and mRna and red food coloring etc

Whether or not it's a question for the rabbis' is another discussion. You only ask a shaaleh if you have a question.

That aside, what about all the rabbis who say not to take it, or not to take it yet? Some of the leading poskim, gedolim, and torah leaders are saying that, does that give you pause at all? Just curious.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 4:54 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Again...I can't believe this is for real. Are you claiming there is no evidence that processed foods and dyes are bad for the body?

The dose makes the poison.
The fact that something is toxic at large doses does not mean it is toxic at the doses used in food.

What you eat most of the time matters more than what you eat once in a while, and restricting kids to such a great degree usually means those foods will become an obsession for them.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 5:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The dose makes the poison.
The fact that something is toxic at large doses does not mean it is toxic at the doses used in food.

What you eat most of the time matters more than what you eat once in a while, and restricting kids to such a great degree usually means those foods will become an obsession for them.

Would you like a small daily dose of poison coated in candy? Evidence says it won't kill you on the spot.

It will do damage. And damages upon damages slowly and as often as you choose.

It is evidence based. So do it. Because you are supposed to harm yourself. So long as you don't overdose.

Which part of v'nishmartem means eat it as long as it does not kill instantly?

I agree that there is a right way and a wrong way to raise children healthy. If done wrong it can backfire.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 6:44 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
No, we do not. We also do not eat GMO's or pesiticide laden foods or put them on our skin. We also do not eat animals that were raised against tzar baalei chaim. We also avoid processed foods. We do not eat preservatives. We also do not use Western medicine in preventitive health, only for emergency medicine. We believe only in traditional medicine as preventitive.

Tell me, does that make it better or more understandable for you? Does it sit better that you know it is not hypocracy?

We do not consider the things most people eat as food but as slow harmful edible products. Now how does this affect your opinion?

Wow. That sounds very difficult, expensive, and time consuming, and I really respect that you can stick to that type of diet! I don't agree with your analysis completely (and definitely not your position on preventative medicine), but it does sit better with me to know that you are really strict about what goes in.

It does open up a whole can of new questions for me though!! (((((Do your kids go to school? If so, what do you do about treats/siyum/birthdays? On Purim, simchos Torah, etc how do you explain to your kids that they can't have the treats? Are they allowed to go to birthday parties? What do you use for BC?) But no pressure to answer.... Totally off topic from the thread and don't want to feel like I'm bombarding you, but I'm just intrigued about how it's possible to never make exceptions !))))

HealthCoach

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 7:27 pm
Quote:
It does open up a whole can of new questions for me though!! (((((Do your kids go to school? If so, what do you do about treats/siyum/birthdays? On Purim, simchos Torah, etc how do you explain to your kids that they can't have the treats? Are they allowed to go to birthday parties? What do you use for BC?) But no pressure to answer.... Totally off topic from the thread and don't want to feel like I'm bombarding you, but I'm just intrigued about how it's possible to never make exceptions !))))

I’m not the one you are asking, but I too am just as careful about what I eat and every other aspect of health as I am about vaccines. I personally don’t eat processed foods, I eat organic etc. I think it’s my job as mother to provide my kids with healthy food, but they eat unhealthy too. My kids know how to understand ingredients, and they have the background to eat healthy when they choose. Even when they choose unhealthy, they believe it’s not good for them. My kids behavior and moods are affected by what they eat, while not everyone’s is, so the difference is more obvious to them. It’s basically the same as any other lower level choice. For younger kids trade-ins of unhealthy food works. If a child really eats healthy most of the time, their taste buds are different, and they wouldn’t enjoy junk, but that’s not the case by me.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics