Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Permanent makeup

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:04 am
Hi! is anyone familiar with doing permanent makeup on the eyebrows? in Boro Park...
Also the Halacha ramifications with the mikvah
thank you

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 8:32 am
When I asked about microblading my eyebrows, I was told it was assur since it is like a tattoo.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi! is anyone familiar with doing permanent makeup on the eyebrows? in Boro Park...
Also the Halacha ramifications with the mikvah
thank you

I was told that it's a chatzitza and if it's really permanent it falls into the category of tattoos.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:25 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
When I asked about microblading my eyebrows, I was told it was assur since it is like a tattoo.

Where I live, lots of very frum people have it done. It lasts up to 2 years and therefore isn't permanent like a tattoo.

But it lasts longer than a month and therefore not considered a chatitza.

Obviously, ask your Rav.

momof2+?

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:31 am
Now I am getting eyebrow ads lol

amother
Coral

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:31 am
Semi-permanent makeup is different than microblading. It's called micropigmentation and penetration is 0.07mm, which is less than microblading. Micropigmentation lasts 2-3 years. If you ask a rav that has experience in these matters you're more likely to get a heter for this than microblading if they understand the nuisances.

infradetect

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:11 pm
thanks for all your help- anyone familiar with a place in boro park that does it?

amother
Coral

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:14 pm
infradetect wrote:
thanks for all your help- anyone familiar with a place in boro park that does it?

(917) 804-8479

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:18 pm
Micro blading last 2 yrs.

Micro blading the ink is not as deep as a tatoo but ink is still placed under the skin. Many rabbanim consider it tattooing and assur unless for serious cosmetic issues (like a deformity).

tinting last 2 months.
It’s just dye. Probably shouldn’t be done within a few days of mikvah just in case some is on skin.

They are very diff processes. I don’t think either is chatzitzah.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:46 pm
Fineline recently advertised they'll be doing them in bp. Call them for more info.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries