Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Best stroller for infant AND travel
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 6:48 am
Hi,
Overwhelmed by all the stroller options out there. Looking for a stroller/bassinet system as the main stroller that would also be good for an airplane (for an infant let’s say under 3 months). I’m new to this so totally not aware of all the options out there. Would say the doona would be great, but I would use that as a car seat not main stroller so it’s a bit pricey. Is there anything else out there that would be good for flying? I Heard checking in a regular stroller by the gait may not be a good idea as it can get damaged. Anyone have any god ideas? TIA!

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 7:38 am
Babyzen Yoyo, and you can also click in a carseat, so you don’t need a doona.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 8:03 am
Thanks! Isn’t the yo-yo more expensive than the doona? I also thought I heard it was a bit flimsy so I wouldn’t use it as the main stroller. I’m just so confused

amother
Blue

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 8:59 am
How much travel are you doing? Most travel strollers aren't great for heavy use, they're not designed for that and are flimsier.
The doona is great if you're doing a lot of in and out cars, in a city environment.
Also most travel strollers, and the doona, have very small wheels which is fine in a shopping mall and smooth ground, but when the sidewalk isn't smooth or you want to go offroad, it's quite hard to push.
I'm just wondering whether you're really doing enough flying that you need a stroller suitable for it.
Personally I love my city mini gt. It folds so compact, it's great to push, and is suitable for all ages. And it lasts. My sil has her from her first kid 12 years ago.
Remember there's no perfect stroller. Most people end up buying more than one as the lifestyle/needs change.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 9:46 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
How much travel are you doing? Most travel strollers aren't great for heavy use, they're not designed for that and are flimsier.
The doona is great if you're doing a lot of in and out cars, in a city environment.
Also most travel strollers, and the doona, have very small wheels which is fine in a shopping mall and smooth ground, but when the sidewalk isn't smooth or you want to go offroad, it's quite hard to push.
I'm just wondering whether you're really doing enough flying that you need a stroller suitable for it.
Personally I love my city mini gt. It folds so compact, it's great to push, and is suitable for all ages. And it lasts. My sil has her from her first kid 12 years ago.
Remember there's no perfect stroller. Most people end up buying more than one as the lifestyle/needs change.

Right, so I don’t think we will be traveling that much. But we have close fanily a plane ride away and we may visit when the baby is 2-3 months iyH. So even for one flight we still need something that would work. Or does it make sense for fanily who lives there to maybe have a spare stroller for when we come and we can use a baby carrier for the plane? I really have no clue about any of this
Do you use the city mini as your main stroller? Is there a special infant seat that you need for it?
Thank you so much!

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 9:50 am
Is holding a baby on a plane 'not done' any more?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:01 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

We can but then what happens when we get there what do we use

amother
Blue

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Right, so I don’t think we will be traveling that much. But we have close fanily a plane ride away and we may visit when the baby is 2-3 months iyH. So even for one flight we still need something that would work. Or does it make sense for fanily who lives there to maybe have a spare stroller for when we come and we can use a baby carrier for the plane? I really have no clue about any of this
Do you use the city mini as your main stroller? Is there a special infant seat that you need for it?
Thank you so much!

For the infrequent flyer, I wouldn't bother with making sure your stroller is compatible. We've taken ours and checked it in at the gate and it's survived. I know people who have had their stroller damaged though. I know people who borrow a stroller at the other end.
I did find baby wearing when traveling was easiest as you had your hands free and you could just tuck the sling into your case when it wasn't in use.
My city mini is my main stroller. It lies flat so it can be used from birth. I know people who have bought the bassinet for it. You can buy car seat adapters-we have the maxi cosi with adapters, which is quite universal but there are other brands and it just clips onto the stroller.
I really recommend it as a solid stroller that will last. My 5yo sometimes sits in it and still fits.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:09 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

I think people are much more aware of the safety aspects so it’s not done so much anymore.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:26 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
For the infrequent flyer, I wouldn't bother with making sure your stroller is compatible. We've taken ours and checked it in at the gate and it's survived. I know people who have had their stroller damaged though. I know people who borrow a stroller at the other end.
I did find baby wearing when traveling was easiest as you had your hands free and you could just tuck the sling into your case when it wasn't in use.
My city mini is my main stroller. It lies flat so it can be used from birth. I know people who have bought the bassinet for it. You can buy car seat adapters-we have the maxi cosi with adapters, which is quite universal but there are other brands and it just clips onto the stroller.
I really recommend it as a solid stroller that will last. My 5yo sometimes sits in it and still fits.

Thanks for this info. Does the citi mini fit on the plane or you need to check it in?
So you use the citi mini for infants without the bassinet, correct?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:28 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

I’m okay with checking in a regular stroller and just using that after I’m just worried about the damage. So if we were to check it in then on the plane would make sense to use a baby carrier?

mha3484

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:40 am
We got a mimu as a gift. I really like it. It fits all your criteria you can buy a bassinet for it. We got one second hand to save money.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m okay with checking in a regular stroller and just using that after I’m just worried about the damage. So if we were to check it in then on the plane would make sense to use a baby carrier?

I just held the baby on the plane. The carrier was useful when we had stopovers and they didn't always give the stroller back and when you wait at the other end for the stroller to come. They always say it'll be at at the gate but enough times it isn't.

The city mini gt is much too big for the plane, but if you look at the city tour, which is city mini's travel stroller, it's a lot smaller. You'd have to check the folded dimensions as to whether it's within the right size. I'm not sure it's as good as the gt, but it's a lot more compact.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:47 am
This youtube review seems to show the difference between the gt and the tour. It's the older model but there's not that much change I think.

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:49 am
mha3484 wrote:
We got a mimu as a gift. I really like it. It fits all your criteria you can buy a bassinet for it. We got one second hand to save money.

I love my Uppababy Minu, its way more sturdy than the yoyo and an all around comfortable stroller for all stages.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:51 am
chili-n-cholent wrote:
I love my Uppababy Minu, its way more sturdy than the yoyo and an all around comfortable stroller for all stages.

Is the Mimu and uppababy minu the same stroller? Do you use this Just for travel or always? And do you use the bassinet with it for infants?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:52 am
chili-n-cholent wrote:

Also does the minu fit on the plane or Needs to be checked in?

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:57 am
I have a feeling she meant the Minu as the Mima is a totally different clunky carriage which is not ideal for the plane
I use my Minu mainly as a travel stroller as I have another larger carriage with a bassinet but it is a really comfortable ride. I've never used it for a newborn but there is a from birth package you can buy which would make it really ideal. https://www.buybuybaby.com/sto.....Pwa=1
I never used it on the plane but I know they say its compatible, it folds up really small and comes with an attached carry handle and travel bag.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 11:08 am
chili-n-cholent wrote:
I have a feeling she meant the Minu as the Mima is a totally different clunky carriage which is not ideal for the plane
I use my Minu mainly as a travel stroller as I have another larger carriage with a bassinet but it is a really comfortable ride. I've never used it for a newborn but there is a from birth package you can buy which would make it really ideal. https://www.buybuybaby.com/sto.....Pwa=1
I never used it on the plane but I know they say its compatible, it folds up really small and comes with an attached carry handle and travel bag.

Cool thank you so much for this info! Have you seen people use this as their main stroller?
Also is the teal color gender neutral?

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 11:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Cool thank you so much for this info! Have you seen people use this as their main stroller?
Also is the teal color gender neutral?

Yes, many people use it as a main stroller, I use it all the time but I do have another one. Its a great all around stroller, I actually bought the stroller bar accessory which make it even more versatile. My son loves sitting in it.
I'm not sure about the teal, I think its a personal prefference, IMO it's a little boyish but really who cares? Wink You do what you like. I know a few people with blue strollers for girls
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics