Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Best stroller for infant AND travel
Previous  1  2

wonders75

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 8:27 am
check out baby jogger city tours 2 it folds very easily and small

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 8:46 am
chili-n-cholent wrote:
Yes, many people use it as a main stroller, I use it all the time but I do have another one. Its a great all around stroller, I actually bought the stroller bar accessory which make it even more versatile. My son loves sitting in it.
I'm not sure about the teal, I think its a personal prefference, IMO it's a little boyish but really who cares? Wink You do what you like. I know a few people with blue strollers for girls

Have you seen people use the baby package with it? I wonder if people are happy with the bassinet and how it compares to let’s say the bassinet or the cruz or vista.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 8:46 am
wonders75 wrote:
check out baby jogger city tours 2 it folds very easily and small

Is this used as a main stroller also? Or just travel? Does it have a bassinet option? Thanks

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 8:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Have you seen people use the baby package with it? I wonder if people are happy with the bassinet and how it compares to let’s say the bassinet or the cruz or vista.

I've never seen it in real life, you're best bet is looking up online reviews

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 9:08 am
I don’t think you need to get hung up on the travel aspect. We fly a lot and I try my hardest NOT to bring a stroller. Baby wearing through the airport is much easier. When needed, we got a cheap umbrella stroller that we didn’t care if it got ruined to take through the airport. Borrow a car seat and/or stroller at the other end. Hands free in the airport is a major major plus. I’ve had strollers damaged by bag handlers numerous times.
If you really want a stroller there’s the mountain buggy nano and also a bugaboo and I’m sure other companies that fold small enough to go in the overhead compartment. But again, they wouldn’t be good as a main stroller.
Just get a good stroller that you like without getting hung up on the flying part.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 9:55 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I don’t think you need to get hung up on the travel aspect. We fly a lot and I try my hardest NOT to bring a stroller. Baby wearing through the airport is much easier. When needed, we got a cheap umbrella stroller that we didn’t care if it got ruined to take through the airport. Borrow a car seat and/or stroller at the other end. Hands free in the airport is a major major plus. I’ve had strollers damaged by bag handlers numerous times.
If you really want a stroller there’s the mountain buggy nano and also a bugaboo and I’m sure other companies that fold small enough to go in the overhead compartment. But again, they wouldn’t be good as a main stroller.
Just get a good stroller that you like without getting hung up on the flying part.

I hear that. I don’t think we’ll have anyone to borrow from there though.. unless we ask my in laws to get a car seat/ stroller to keep at their house for when we come. I would get a cheap stroller to travel but I’m talking about one for an infant, when the baby is older iyH it would be easier to just buy a cheap travel one. I’m talking about one that is compatible for infants now

amother
Blue

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I hear that. I don’t think we’ll have anyone to borrow from there though.. unless we ask my in laws to get a car seat/ stroller to keep at their house for when we come. I would get a cheap stroller to travel but I’m talking about one for an infant, when the baby is older iyH it would be easier to just buy a cheap travel one. I’m talking about one that is compatible for infants now

As long as the seat lies flat, it can be used for a baby. A lot of the cheap strollers do have that feature as many of them don't have bassinets. It tends to be the high end travel systems that are 'bucket' seats which are not suitable for infants.
My sil bought a cheap umbrella stroller on sale to use for travel. It cost her around $40. She also left a cheap car seat by our in laws for when she visits.

SuperWify

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 11:20 am
Op if you fly infrequently don’t get a stroller just for that. Get a sturdy every day stroller.

I fly a lot and put my babies in the doona (I buy a seat). We manage with the Doona as a stroller for the trip. Once they are a year I take my yoyo plus car seat and that’s more of a shlep.

For everyday use I have a bugaboo fox. It has a great bassinet which is good for up to six months at least. The wheels are quite sturdy.

wonders75

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is this used as a main stroller also? Or just travel? Does it have a bassinet option? Thanks

main stroller this link comes with a car seat and it has a bassinet option sold seperately very light stroller

travel system
https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jo.....r=8-3

bassinet
https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jo.....;th=1

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:34 pm
I have traveled many times with my city mini. I just traveled four times with my infant in a doona. I have also traveled with a car seat and a snap and go base. Honestly anything could travel I just wouldn't use a huge stroller. For a baby that's two or three months old just use your car seat and a base, or get a doona. Don't specifically buy a stroller because you're going on an airplane. It's not worth it

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You can use any stroller that lies flat. Better yet, use a baby carrier. I got over the “looking weird” aspect with my third and switching over to using a baby carrier while traveling was the best thing ever!
My point is that your main stroller is a big purchase. Get one that suits your lifestyle and you’ll figure something out for the when you travel. More important that the stroller should be good for you on a regular basis than compromising to get something that’s good for travel and not necessarily good for your everyday lifestyle.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 5:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! Isn’t the yo-yo more expensive than the doona? I also thought I heard it was a bit flimsy so I wouldn’t use it as the main stroller. I’m just so confused

Everyone else gave some great advice, but just came back to this thread, so I’ll reply to your reply Smile
The yoyo and doona aren’t comparable, they’re two different items. Yoyo is a stroller, doona is a car seat with wheels. I believe price wise they are about the same. What I was saying was if you get a Yoyo, you don’t have to buy a $500 car seat in addition to a stroller. But I agree with everyone else not to spend so much on a travel stroller if you don’t travel often. Mine was a gift, so I have that in addition to a larger stroller. That being said, I have friends who use the yoyo exclusively even though they have a larger stroller as well, because they find it so easy and convenient. If you’re looking into great non travel strollers with a bassinet option, I highly recommend the cybex priam. I got the recommendation here on imamother and could not be happier with my purchase. I did a ton of research. Theres also a less expensive Cybex, I think it’s called the mios, that people love, and it’s also less bulky (I was getting two strollers, so didn’t mind one very large one). Like I said, I did a ton of research, so happy to answer more questions.

ValleyMom

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 7:25 am
Whatever you choose stay away from the lightweight silvercross travel strollers. I was wheeling it through my neighborhood and it folded WITH THE BABY INSIDE as I walked over a speed bump in the street.

I managed to keep it slightly open and dragged the half folded stroller in one arm and a howling baby in the other across the intersection.

CRAZY!

My daughter in law bought a new stroller the same day. The silvercross stroller is a potential death machine. And it was brand new- used FOUR TIMES.

bsy

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 7:37 am
Keep in mind the ride to the airport. you need a carseat for that. Once youre bringing a car seat, click it into a stroller with adapters and check them both at the gate. City mini regular and gt are strong versatile strollers that aren't big and have adapters for car seats.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics