Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Girls high school RBS
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:32 pm
What is the most open minded Bais Yaakov High School in RBS?

Thank you!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 1:27 pm
I'm not sure any of them classify as open-minded unfortunately. If you would have asked this question of me a few years ago when my daughter just started I would have had a very different answer. She is in Peneni Chen which was supposed to be fairly open-minded but I am very disappointed.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 1:29 pm
Pninei Chein.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 1:37 pm
So would you send to Ahavat Yisrael instead? Is it weird to send my daughter there if I would send my son to Darchei Noam for elementary?

amother
Black

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 6:16 pm
Same problem. I want my son in Darchei Noam when we make aliyah and I am leaning towards Ahavat Yisrael for my daughter. I have heard of people doing that.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 8:27 pm
Not weird at all. My daughter was in AY and my son was in a secular HS. Every child needs something different. AY is a great school.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:55 pm
AY is a terrific school! And very torani. But if you're looking for something sheltered, AY is not. Most of the girls have smartphones, go to the movies, etc. On the other hand, if you want a solid Torah education that puts your daughter in the driver's seat for her life, AY is a great option.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:46 pm
What do you mean by open minded and what are your reasons for wanting beis yakov. Those two things don't usually go together. When you answer the above qs you can clarify what values and school you are looking for.

twizzlers1

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:53 pm
If you're considering AY You Shulamit. It's chardal and there is transportation from RBS and Beit Shemesh. There is a nice amount of girls from there. My daughter is there and so far she is quite happy there.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 4:17 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
What do you mean by open minded and what are your reasons for wanting beis yakov. Those two things don't usually go together. When you answer the above qs you can clarify what values and school you are looking for.

I mean not so into nitty gritty silly rules that make girls resentful to be frum. My daughter is a frum girl but not coming from a sheltered background. Like in her current school, she's allowed to have a filtered smartphone that she brings to school and deposits in a special cubby that's locked up until dismissal. My daughter covers her elbows and knees but would wear her long hair down.

When I was in school we got so many tznius speeches everybody tuned out and did what we wanted behind closed doors. I want a school that doesn't do that. A school that connects to the girls and shows them the beauty of Judaism.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 4:18 am
twizzlers1 wrote:
If you're considering AY You Shulamit. It's chardal and there is transportation from RBS and Beit Shemesh. There is a nice amount of girls from there. My daughter is there and so far she is quite happy there.

It is more frum than AY?

amother
Azure

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 4:55 am
Most kids in AY have social media and talk to boys - if you are okay with that than go for it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 8:48 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Most kids in AY have social media and talk to boys - if you are okay with that than go for it.

I'm ok with limited social media. They have boyfriends? Do you send to AY?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 8:50 am
People have told me the boys Ahavat Yisrael is less religious than the girls.

Which schools are chardal boys elementary schools?

Thank you so much. I'm getting so overwhelmed. We fall in the middle and I just don't know which direction to go....

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 8:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
People have told me the boys Ahavat Yisrael is less religious than the girls.

Which schools are chardal boys elementary schools?

Thank you so much. I'm getting so overwhelmed. We fall in the middle and I just don't know which direction to go....

Chardal elementary? In rbs? Moriah.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 9:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You weren't responding to me, but I have sent to all of the AY schools in Beit Shemesh, in recent history. I'm not sure which boys' school you heard isn't as religious, the HS or the elementary, but I have not found either of those to be true. The boys' high school and the boys' elementary school are both very torani. If you don't want your boys doing a full bagrut, don't want them to go to the army, or simply want a very yeshivish-style learning, then AY is not for your boys. I don't think the girls' schools are at all more religious (or less) but maybe people are less concerned with those issues as they pertain to girls?
As far as boyfriends, yes it happens. Not encouraged by the school, and your daughter would certainly not be the only one who doesn't have a boyfriend, but boyfriends aren't a taboo in AY like they would be in BY.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 9:15 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
You weren't responding to me, but I have sent to all of the AY schools in Beit Shemesh, in recent history. I'm not sure which boys' school you heard isn't as religious, the HS or the elementary, but I have not found either of those to be true. The boys' high school and the boys' elementary school are both very torani. If you don't want your boys doing a full bagrut, don't want them to go to the army, or simply want a very yeshivish-style learning, then AY is not for your boys. I don't think the girls' schools are at all more religious (or less) but maybe people are less concerned with those issues as they pertain to girls?
As far as boyfriends, yes it happens. Not encouraged by the school, and your daughter would certainly not be the only one who doesn't have a boyfriend, but boyfriends aren't a taboo in AY like they would be in BY.

I have also sent to all the AY schools. My DD never had a boyfriend in HS and only a few girls did.
The boys HS is VERY torani.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 9:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I don't have kids yet. I know a lot of people from AY. They have a boys high school attached. Although they keep them seperate many kids hang out in the parking lot together right after school gets out.

And it's not limited social media. They have Instagram and public accounts.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 9:29 am
Do you celebrate yom hatzamut? Send your kids to the army? Send your girls to shirt leumi?

Sending to AY means your children will do all these things.

You gotta pick. Are you chareidi or Dati leumi?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 9:30 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I don't have kids yet. I know a lot of people from AY. They have a boys high school attached. Although they keep them seperate many kids hang out in the parking lot together right after school gets out.

And it's not limited social media. They have Instagram and public accounts.

I drive past there often, and I see groups of boys OR groups of girls. I don't recall seeing them in mixed groups. I'm not saying there aren't kids who hang out in mixed groups, but I really don't think it's as common as you're making it sound.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions