Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
A question for those making "themed" Mishloach Man

Esther23

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 8:19 pm
Do you give the same thing to your mother and mother in law as you give everyone else or do you make something more lavish within that theme? Whenever I made a theme I gave my mother the exact same thing because I wanted her to see the cute theme, but I'm curious what everyone else does. (and if you think it's more appropriate to give a nicer one to mom / mom in law).

Thanks.

cassandra

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 8:22 pm
I don't give my mother anything because she gets too many as it is. I usually show her what I did though.

I will give my mil (If I can get to her) my themed one, but I will also bring her something nice like a fruit platter that I bought.

Chanie

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 8:27 pm
I usually give my mil a more bigger, nicer mm but following the same theme.
My mom doesn't live near by, so if I send her one, it usually has nothing to do with the theme.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 8:38 pm
I give my mom and something for the seuda too since the ones still living at home like to see it

mil gets the same wiht something cute in it like an apron with a pic of hte kids on it or a mousepad with a pic on it....

Classicookie

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 9:22 pm
I give them the ones I make bec I think they are cute and want to share what I did with them

manhattanmom

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 9:50 pm
Nope. Everyone gets the same. They think it's cute. If we go to visit the rosh yeshiva then we'll give something fancier.

pina colada

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 9:55 pm
I give my parents and inlaws in nice shalach manos with nice wine in it. It has some of the themed stuff but I usually put in a picture of the kids. \
I bring something for the seuda as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics