Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Yaakov Shwekey’s new song - help me process what it means

PeanutMama

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:19 am
It’s called Keli, Keli. You can find it on YouTube but it’s heart-wrenching to watch the music video since it’s dedicated to the men and boys who died at Meron on such a joyous celebration.

I don’t know how to process the meaning of the words. Like what’s the message behind these words?
For those who don’t have YouTube or don’t want to watch the video, there was a rough translation in one of the comments:

“Hashem, I call to you by day,
but you do not answer me.
Hashem, hashem, why did you forsake me?”

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:35 am
Here is the music video Hashem-n-farfel:

PeanutMama

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:41 am
Yeah I didn’t want to post it on purpose, because the tragedy is still fresh, 2 weeks later. People could still be mourning, or processing it...

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:43 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Yeah I didn’t want to post it on purpose, because the tragedy is still fresh, 2 weeks later. People could still be mourning, or processing it...
Ah, I can delete my reply if you want. I thought it was a beautiful tribute to all of the kedoshim.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:47 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Ah, I can delete my reply if you want. I thought it was a beautiful tribute to all of the kedoshim.

It’s okay. You can leave it.

It is beautiful, but trying to process the words.

I know it’s from tehilim, but I’m pretty sure I’m taking the words very very literally.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 7:41 am
[quote="Hashem_n_Farfel"]It’s okay. You can leave it.

It is beautiful, but trying to process the words.

I know it’s from tehilim, but I’m pretty sure I’m taking the words very very literally.[/quoi

I think they were meant literally when Dovid hamelech said them. I don't think I are taking it the wrong way. He was being hunted down for years and years by his father in law and he felt forsaken, a least in that moment. Even so he still cries out to Hashem in his despair.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 7:44 am
Wow what a beautiful song.
You hear the pain in the music and the words, especially knowing it was a friend he lost.
The question isn't a lack of emuna, but one of trying to understand.
Hashem we know this is all from You, You have a grand plan, we just don't see it. We feel like You have left us. Please show us You are there, and remind us that this is from you.
It was good to hear this now, as it is still fresh, but unfortunately, as time goes on, every day it's a bit less.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 8:26 am
Esther Hamalka also said this when she went to the palace of Achashverosh.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 2:21 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Wow what a beautiful song.
You hear the pain in the music and the words, especially knowing it was a friend he lost.
The question isn't a lack of emuna, but one of trying to understand.

Hashem we know this is all from You, You have a grand plan, we just don't see it. We feel like You have left us. Please show us You are there, and remind us that this is from you.

It was good to hear this now, as it is still fresh, but unfortunately, as time goes on, every day it's a bit less.

That bolder part. That right there.
That cleared it all up, now looking and crying in a totally different way. Oy. Hashem please take us out of this galus if we are worthy!!!!! 😭

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 4:15 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
That bolder part. That right there.
That cleared it all up, now looking and crying in a totally different way. Oy. Hashem please take us out of this galus if we are worthy!!!!! 😭

⏫ Hashem, help us be worthy! We need out of galus now!

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 4:48 pm
Thank you so much for sharing this, Yaakov Shwekey just has a special power, this is for the first time I was able to really cry after the saga, I feel like it was all bottled up inside and he helped release all the pain Crying Crying Crying Crying

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:01 pm
This was incredibly moving. Thank you for sharing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts