Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Girls high school RBS
Previous  1  2

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 12:35 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I drive past there often, and I see groups of boys OR groups of girls. I don't recall seeing them in mixed groups. I'm not saying there aren't kids who hang out in mixed groups, but I really don't think it's as common as you're making it sound.

Agreed. I drive past the high schools almost every day. It's really not as common as described. It's a few kids here and there.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 2:39 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Do you celebrate yom hatzamut? Send your kids to the army? Send your girls to shirt leumi?

Sending to AY means your children will do all these things.

You gotta pick. Are you chareidi or Dati leumi?

That's the question. We are planning on making aliya. And we don't fall in either category. I grew up Zionistic but my parents still sent me to a BY school. I did the same for my kids. When I hear anti-zionistic talk it makes me ill. But I don't want my kids having boyfriends and wearing short sleeves and short skirts.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 2:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's the question. We are planning on making aliya. And we don't fall in either category. I grew up Zionistic but my parents still sent me to a BY school. I did the same for my kids. When I hear anti-zionistic talk it makes me ill. But I don't want my kids having boyfriends and wearing short sleeves and short skirts.

That can all happen in a BY as well.
If you want your DD to have a bagrut education and do Sherut Leumi, you should send her to AY.
She's going to choose how she dresses no matter what school she goes to.
I know many, many girls in AY who do not wear short sleeves or short skirts and do not have boyfriends.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:01 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
That can all happen in a BY as well.
If you want your DD to have a bagrut education and do Sherut Leumi, you should send her to AY.
She's going to choose how she dresses no matter what school she goes to.
I know many, many girls in AY who do not wear short sleeves or short skirts and do not have boyfriends.

In a BY its against the rules, tabboo, and most girls won't want to be friends with you. In AY and other Dati schools it's common, accepted, and the school takes no issue with it.

Totally different.

Teens are very influenced by their peers. If they hang out with kids who wear short skirts, they probably will too. AY is a school where many girls do. There are some who don't, but many do.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 7:04 am
Thank you for your input.

What is the level of limudei kodesh in Ahavat Yisrael? Is it similar to an.open minded BY in the States?

Also, someone upthread mentioned Moriah for boys elementary. Is that hashkafically the same as AY boys elementary or is it to the right? Same parent body? Which has more resources for recent olim? What makes the schools different?

Sorry for so many questions! I really appreciate all the help. We really need it. I'm feeling so lost about schools!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 9:17 am
Bump

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 9:49 am
You should really join the RBS Facebook group. You'll get many more answers very quickly. None of my friends and neighbors are on this site and they all have kids in a large variety of schools.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions