Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help me find clothing, please

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:11 pm
I'm desperate for some stylish clothing. My problem is that I'm a 1X and it's hard to find things in the local BP stores that fit and look good. I'm looking for skirts, tops, and dresses. Weekday and Shabbos. If you have any suggestions or links, please, please let me know. THANKS!!

Another problem I have is that the pleated and aline skirts that are so in style make me look three times my size. Are there some that look better than others? If you have something you're loving, please share it with me.

Thank you for helping me.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:13 pm
Black ribbed tops and colored skirts sound good?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:16 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Black ribbed tops and colored skirts sound good?

Yes! Where do I find them? And thanks for responding so quickly!

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes! Where do I find them? And thanks for responding so quickly!

I ordered this and it looks good so far, haven't washed. Ordered XS for teen which is her size. It fit her with room to spare, so I don't think you need to size up, just order your regular size
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....d0f30
ETA I see they only have XS Sad maybe someone will find another one

I got the black one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....6892d
It's great, I've worn it a few times. Depending on your preference you may want to wear it with a slip, or you may not need a slip.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:30 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I ordered this and it looks good so far, haven't washed. Ordered XS for teen which is her size. It fit her with room to spare, so I don't think you need to size up, just order your regular size
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....d0f30
ETA I see they only have XS Sad maybe someone will find another one

I got the black one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....6892d
It's great, I've worn it a few times. Depending on your preference you may want to wear it with a slip, or you may not need a slip.

Thank you! How does the skirt run? Do I need to size up? Also, what happens if I order it and it doesn't look good? Can I return it without any fees? Do I need to pay for shipping? (I've never ordered clothing online.) Thanks.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! How does the skirt run? Do I need to size up? Also, what happens if I order it and it doesn't look good? Can I return it without any fees? Do I need to pay for shipping? (I've never ordered clothing online.) Thanks.

I ordered XL which is my skirt size. The material is slightly stretchy as well, should be fine in your regular size.

You've never ordered online? Someone should give you a little tutorial but I don't have time to type more atm...

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:51 pm
Thank you. I appreciate your time and your suggestions. I've ordered online before, just not clothing. I'm about to purchase my first online skirt. :-) Have a good Shabbos and a good yontiff. Thank you for helping me.

If anyone else has some more links or ideas, please send them. Thank you.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 4:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Make sure to see if there are free returns on the item. Confirm that on each item, as your checking out the items in your cart to order.
If you want to return, log back into your Amazon account and follow the return prompts to print a return label.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics