Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Can't have dairy on Shavuos thread
Previous  1  2

smss

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 11:30 pm
Kite Hill dairy-free cream cheese is delicious! You can make great cheesecake with it.

I also really like Follow Your Heart parmesan.

ra_mom

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 10:43 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Thanks.
Do you have a good recipe for roasted red pepper sauce?

*Roasted Red Pepper Cream Pasta* (Fresh & Easy)

2-3 large red bell peppers
2 tbsp oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
salt & pepper
1 cup heavy cream or cashew cream
1 Tbsp parmesan cheese (for dairy)
1/4 tsp basil
16 oz pasta

Preheat oven to 475.
Place oven red bell peppers in oven and roast for 30 minutes, turning over once (skin of pepper should blister and blacken). Remove the peppers from oven and transfer to a plastic bag. Allow peppers to "sweat" as they cool. When peppers are cooked enough to handle, remove from the bag. Remove and discard the stem, mouth and seeds. Peel off and discard the outer layer of the pepper.
In a blender or food processor, blend red pepper until smooth.
Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is soft. Add blended peppers, salt and pepper. Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Quickly lower heat. Add parmesan and basil. Cook until sauce thickens.
Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat. Top with additional parm and basil.

*Cashew Cream*
1 cup water (for soaking only)
1 cup raw cashews
1 cup parve milk

Boil 1 cup of raw cashews in water for 5 – 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool in water. Drain. Process in a blender with 1 cup parve milk until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 18 2021, 2:02 pm
I also enviously watched everyone eat my delicious cheesecake but... I got a goat yogurt as an experiment because it's supposed to be easier on the system and BH BH BH baby wasn't in pain/fussy!!!

If only I had the foresight to make a goat cream cheese cheesecake...

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 18 2021, 2:31 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I also enviously watched everyone eat my delicious cheesecake but... I got a goat yogurt as an experiment because it's supposed to be easier on the system and BH BH BH baby wasn't in pain/fussy!!!

If only I had the foresight to make a goat cream cheese cheesecake...

I do have to do a goats milk experiment one day, to see how the baby tolerates it. That would be a game-changer.

We did fully fleishigs, roast beef, stuffed chicken capons. And rich's whip type desserts. We made a milchigs kiddush in the morning for husband and kids, they had ravioli and cheesecake. And they felt sorry for me, but I was ok. This won't be forever, and it's a good opportunity to work on my middos! Smile

Davka, the baby was pretty fussy today. Must have been all the soy in the rich's whip. Yuch.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 18 2021, 3:52 pm
I was sooooo nervous to try it, so I figured I'd do it lchvod the minhag Smile
It'll be so nice to have something I can just grab and eat (yogurt) and not have to make 2 versions of everything everytime we have pizza or pasta.

You reminded me with your soy comment: I've been doing oat milk instead of soy. Cheaper than almond milk, but nice and thick and creamy and yeah, I noticed some soy fussiness too so it's a good alternative.
(Oat milk doesn't help for whipped cream, but just good to know... )

Hope your baby calms down soon and you get a good nights sleep!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 18 2021, 4:04 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I was sooooo nervous to try it, so I figured I'd do it lchvod the minhag Smile
It'll be so nice to have something I can just grab and eat (yogurt) and not have to make 2 versions of everything everytime we have pizza or pasta.

You reminded me with your soy comment: I've been doing oat milk instead of soy. Cheaper than almond milk, but nice and thick and creamy and yeah, I noticed some soy fussiness too so it's a good alternative.
(Oat milk doesn't help for whipped cream, but just good to know... )

Hope your baby calms down soon and you get a good nights sleep!

Yes, Tnuva started with a line of oat milk and oat coffee creamer and it is divine! They also make oat yogurts.

Also hope your little baby's tummy matures soon, and you can go back to eating good (but healthy) food.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, May 18 2021, 10:50 pm
Tofutti used to make pareve blintzes that were yummy. Don't know if they still do as I also went off gluten a few years ago.

However I can have yogurt so I made little cheesecakes from greek yogurt that were delish. Just for me. Some w fresh lime juice & pell & some w chocolate swirl.

Is the Wayfare cheesecake made with oats? Those don't usually agree w me although I've been eating the So Delicious sugar free ice cream bars which have oat milk & seem to be okay.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics