Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do you like a blue sofa?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 11:45 pm
Is it trendy now? We need to get new couches for the living room. Dd wants blue. I think it’s not warm. Wwyd?

tichellady

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 11:48 pm
I like blue. We got a gray/blue. No right or wrong, just go with what you like

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 12:03 am
tichellady wrote:
I like blue. We got a gray/blue. No right or wrong, just go with what you like

Gray/blue is more neutral. Blue is very dark and strong. Is your sofa light gray/blue?

Amarante

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 12:05 am
I got a teal blue sofa and my accents have blue in the patterns. I love it. Why would you think it isn’t a warm color. There are many shades of blue and furniture comes in many styles. Not to mention accessories and rugs that set the tone of rooms.

I used a lot of blue of different colorations and hues when I redecorated. My bathroom and kitchen tiles are a blue with a lot of movement.

If you like something, thst is what matters. I didn’t want beige or gray. FWIW, I was a bit disappointed when I saw that teal blue was trending in current design magazines. Very Happy

Last edited by Amarante on Fri, May 14 2021, 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total

4sure

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 12:29 am
Just got a blue sofa and love it. It’s very royal.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 12:32 am
Depends how long you keep things.
I think it will be dated faster then a neutral color.

My parents got blue velvet chairs when they got married. When I was dating they were so dated. So to me it’s just funny that it’s back in again.
I don’t think it’s a classic color. But beautiful for today.

Goody2shoes

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 12:34 am
It's funny how you say blue isn't warm. Blue is described to be a relaxing and warm color
Go for it! You might end up setting the new trend.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 12:35 am
I have 2 blue sofas, 1 leather 1 velvet. Got them 5 years ago when I updated my living room with golds, pale yellow and blues. Still luv it!

Crookshanks

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 1:07 am
I love blue velvet couches, especially with gray and silver accents. It's such a calming theme for a living room.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 1:36 am
Blue velvet is very trendy now I guess. My living room is small and I have a small apartment. My kitchen have a blue island cabinets already. I feel like it is going to be too busy. Maybe blue is suitable for big spaces.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 5:11 am
Don't buy a trendy couch unless you plan to buy new furniture every two years. Buy the couch you love. If it's on trend now, great. But I promise you that it will look dated in a few years. That's what trends do. They go out of style.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 6:53 am
Crookshanks wrote:
I love blue velvet couches, especially with gray and silver accents. It's such a calming theme for a living room.

Everything old is new again. My grandma and aunt literally has blue velvet couches in the 70s

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 6:57 am
Ours is more of a turquoise color. I love it. We have mustard and coral pillows with a purplethrow blanket. Our bookshelves are cherry wood.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 6:59 am
Does anyone have links to share? I've been looking for a blue couch. So sick of grey, black, and brown.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 7:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Blue velvet is very trendy now I guess. My living room is small and I have a small apartment. My kitchen have a blue island cabinets already. I feel like it is going to be too busy. Maybe blue is suitable for big spaces.

It might indeed be too busy if you already have a blue island. Unless there is some distance between island and couch.

As for being timeless, nothing is truly timeless. Grey and beige go in and out of style too. Blue is a pretty solid color and won't date as fast as red or orange would.

Any color can look amazing - depends on how it coordinates with the rest of the room.

blessedflower

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 8:24 am
I have a light blue sofa. We got matching pillows that are blue and silver. Everyone that comes inside loves the fresh colors. I have a painting hanging above that has warm colors but still goes well with the blue

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 9:10 am
I have a beautiful modern leather navy couch with silver legs.

My mom has a set of two velvet blue with gold legs.

I love blue.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 9:14 am
It depends the blue
Royal Blue- no way
A dark navy is nice
Also dark grey but not charcoal and not silvery

Amarante

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 9:16 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Does anyone have links to share? I've been looking for a blue couch. So sick of grey, black, and brown.

Just google blue sofa and a slew of options come up at different price points.

Also many on-line furniture places have sofas which come in a variety of fabric choices including blue. It is not always apparent from the picture as it will show the sofa style in beige or gray because that is the most bland and innocuous but when you go to the actual page where the sofa can be ordered, there will be a host of fabric offerings. They are sometimes in different price points as some fabrics are more expensive. Also some fabrics are of course more durable and a fabric should state how many "rubs" it passed.

Alternatively most furniture can be upholstered with your own fabric (COM option).

Or an upholsterer can create your own sofa - to your own specifications and with your own material. That is actually a fairly affordable option if you are considering a higher quality sofa since many sofas in that price range - think Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn etc. are not particularly good quality.

Also you should NOT buy a sofa unless you actually sit on it. There are so many factors impacting the comfort of a sofa and it is personal. If you are short, you are probably not going to be comfortable in a deep sofa. The height of the sofa itself is a factor as is the height of the back. The construction of the cushions will impact how the sofa feels as well as maintenance - coils? foam? down? Tight back or pillow back? Single, double or triple seat cushions?

Last edited by Amarante on Fri, May 14 2021, 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total

freilich

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 9:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So maybe go for a neutral color like stone and accent with blue.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics