Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Uppa baby snug seat vs bassinet for the cruz

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 4:44 pm
Anyone have experience with using the uppa baby snug seat for infant with the cruz? We’re you happy with that vs the bassinet?

challahchallah

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 4:55 pm
I was very happy with the snug seat. I don’t like how babies can get jostled around in the bassinet compared to the snug seat where they’re strapped in and their head is supported. Maybe that’s not an issue if you are only using it inside or somewhere else with very smooth flooring. You can’t use the snug seat to let them sleep unsupervised though. I had a non-wheeled bassinet at home for that.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 4:05 am
challahchallah wrote:
I was very happy with the snug seat. I don’t like how babies can get jostled around in the bassinet compared to the snug seat where they’re strapped in and their head is supported. Maybe that’s not an issue if you are only using it inside or somewhere else with very smooth flooring. You can’t use the snug seat to let them sleep unsupervised though. I had a non-wheeled bassinet at home for that.

Thank you! Good point. I like the look of the bassinet for a newborn but if it doesn’t last long I don’t think it’s worth it.
Any one else?

otsrock

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 4:11 am
It is way better developmentally for the baby to sleep in a bassinet. The snug seat is a container which doesn’t allow for movement.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 4:19 am
otsrock wrote:
It is way better developmentally for the baby to sleep in a bassinet. The snug seat is a container which doesn’t allow for movement.

It’s not for night sleeping though just walks. I was worried about the container aspect, but from my understanding it’s not the same as a car seat, it just has extra padding to support the neck.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 4:38 am
I have both and prefer the snug seat 100% for walks. My first baby looked so uncomfortable being jostled around for walks that I ended up using the carseat till I got the snug seat. She also couldn't see out once she was old enough to be interested. For night sleep and naps, of course the bassinet is safer. If you have something else safe for sleep, I wouldn't bother with the bassinet. I worried about the container aspect too, but then I realized I was using it for half hour walks--not any different from a ride in the car.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 4:59 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I have both and prefer the snug seat 100% for walks. My first baby looked so uncomfortable being jostled around for walks that I ended up using the carseat till I got the snug seat. She also couldn't see out once she was old enough to be interested. For night sleep and naps, of course the bassinet is safer. If you have something else safe for sleep, I wouldn't bother with the bassinet. I worried about the container aspect too, but then I realized I was using it for half hour walks--not any different from a ride in the car.

Thank you! It would just be used for walks, I guess short naps since babies usually fall asleep on walks. But at home I would transfer the baby to a bassinet. I also was reading some reviews on Amazon about the insert and people were saying when their babies were flat in the bassinet it was uncomfortable for those with reflux issues

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 5:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! It would just be used for walks, I guess short naps since babies usually fall asleep on walks. But at home I would transfer the baby to a bassinet. I also was reading some reviews on Amazon about the insert and people were saying when their babies were flat in the bassinet it was uncomfortable for those with reflux issues

I’m also a therapist so I’m definitely aware and I was worried about the container aspect. But you’re right it doesn’t seem different than a car ride.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 5:09 am
I love bassinets. I get them for my strollers.

I like that it also gives me another safe place for baby to nap or just to be inside the house.

Also on a Shabbos afternoon (primary tune I use the stroller here in the suburbs) if I go out for lunch and then spend time with friend I can be out for hours at a time. I know my baby is in a safe place for that long and and he can nap regularly so his schedule is not disturbed.

Also I love the look 😀

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 6:12 am
Bassinet until they roll over. Not sure what all that jostling is about, never had that with my kids. Owning the bassinet is helpful for travel.

Then they move into the seat with insert.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics