Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
I'm worried and want to do something useful
Previous  1  2

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 1:11 am
alwayssmiling wrote:
Quick question
What does registering the kids for the sefer torah mean?

I'm a bit hazy on details. I'm embarrassed to say but I never learned anything on the topic inside but I've heard from others.

One point is that it's a mitzva for each person to write a Sefer Torah. At the moment that's like an unrealistic expectation from each Jew, so we should at least take part in writing one. When you purchase a letter in the Torah that's being written it is a demonstration of unity. If one letter is missing or has a mistake then the sefer Torah requires fixing and can't be used until repaired. So every letter is important. This is symbolic of yidden that each individual is of extreme importance.

The Rebbe emphasized this being done for children especially but if any adults haven't yet they should buy a letter as well.

To register, means to purchase a letter (for $1) and be in their database as having done so.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 1:13 am
Kidstorah.org

Goody2shoes

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 1:18 am
So in other words the fathers give the money for each of th heir children and that's how their children get put into the data base as having contributed a letter? What a nice idea!

esther7

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 3:24 am
alwayssmiling wrote:
So in other words the fathers give the money for each of th heir children and that's how their children get put into the data base as having contributed a letter? What a nice idea!

Yes! It should be the children's own money, so either gift that dollar to your child, or for children old enough to understand it can be very special to tell them about it and encourage them to use their own dollar for it

Goody2shoes

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 3:28 am
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Kidstorah.org

So is this the web where it's done or was that only in 1994 or whatever the year was?

Teomima

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 6:49 am
alwayssmiling wrote:
Thanx I did that as well ut now I feel like going there and literally joining them in the fight
Could be cause I have close friends and family there but I feel weird sitting here with the ac on and all other comforts while there they're fighting for their lives
Dont tell me to shut the ac if it makes me feel better. Even I am not that slow.

I know the feeling. My family decided to make Aliyah in the middle of the Gulf War. It was heartbreaking seeing what our friends and family were going through on the news. We needed to be here. When the timing is right, we will welcome you with open arms. Meanwhile sharing your sentiments and support is of great comfort, thank you.

(Oh, and keep that AC on! Goodness knows we do!)

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 9:38 am
alwayssmiling wrote:
So is this the web where it's done or was that only in 1994 or whatever the year was?

Active now. I don't know how old the site it. They keep writing Torahs as children buy. First thing we bought for my baby when she was born.

Goody2shoes

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 11:36 am
Teomima wrote:
I know the feeling. My family decided to make Aliyah in the middle of the Gulf War. It was heartbreaking seeing what our friends and family were going through on the news. We needed to be here. When the timing is right, we will welcome you with open arms. Meanwhile sharing your sentiments and support is of great comfort, thank you.

(Oh, and keep that AC on! Goodness knows we do!)

thank you! Davenning for all of you and your right about wanting to join in the hardest of times. then its the hardest to stay away.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics