Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Good New Frum Novels?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 10:55 am
There's a new novel by Yonah Klein. It's for kids but a great read.

Crookshanks

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 10:59 am
Ruti Kepler's other book came out already? The one about Yanky?

keym

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 11:20 am
If you go for historical, I really liked Henya Meyer's new book Who is Like Your People.

Goody2shoes

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 11:28 am
or lions in the sky was a good one
also historical

Goody2shoes

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 11:28 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Ruti Kepler's other book came out already? The one about Yanky?
what was it called?

Crookshanks

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 11:53 am
alwayssmiling wrote:
what was it called?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. It's funny how we assign titles to books that are not there actual title. Like I still call A Veiled Truth 'the wedding manager' instead of it's real title 😅

Goody2shoes

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 11:55 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I enjoyed My Sister in China. It's based on a true story.

you did? I bought it cuz it looked interesting but was dissapointed

cbsp

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 12:00 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
There's a new novel by Yonah Klein. It's for kids but a great read.

Power Plays.

Was just coming here to suggest it (I was a beta reader for it at one point).

I'd say it's for older kids /teens but thoroughly enjoyable for this adult.

It was interesting to see how Yonah Klein implemented many of the techniques he discusses in his LinkedIn posts regarding his crafting of a story.

shaqued_almond

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 12:22 pm
Here's some more info on ayuni. It's a love story between a chassidic girl and an adeni Jewish boy.
https://www.sarahansbacher.com/ayuni-novel/

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 1:30 pm
Not a novel but really, really, really enjoying Living Legend by Nachman Seltzer about the Disco Rabbi, Rabbi Grossman

Recently read Libby Lazewnik's newish one, forgot what it's called, Set me free maybe? Pretty good.
I don't have much time to read novels lately and spread out too long ruins the luster for me.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 3:45 pm
Thank you all!

I found and purchased Power Plays by Yonah Klein, Adrenaline Rush by Henye Meyer (not new but new to me), A Veiled Truth by Etka Gittel Schwartz (already loaned out to wonderful DDIL), Full Circle by Gita Gordon, and Rocky Rhodes by Bina Scharf.

The Ruti Kepler new novel is not out yet (Normal Like Me is very good) and Ayuni by Sarah Ansbacher has been released but Shabsi's Judaica doesn't have it yet. And I bought an older kids' bio The Story of Rebbetzin Henny Machlis by Miriam Zakon and Nachman Zakon based on Emunah with Love and Chicken Soup for my oldest granddaughter.

BH Yom Yom

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 7:15 pm
Another enthusiastic vote for A Veiled Truth!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 10:00 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Not a novel but really, really, really enjoying Living Legend by Nachman Seltzer about the Disco Rabbi, Rabbi Grossman

Recently read Libby Lazewnik's newish one, forgot what it's called, Set me free maybe? Pretty good.
I don't have much time to read novels lately and spread out too long ruins the luster for me.

Called Stay With Me. Sorry about that. I'm not great with titles.

runninglate

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 10:02 pm
I really enjoyed Is this the Daughter I raised? By Esther Zirkind. But it’s not light reading at all if that’s what you’re looking for. Very sad story

isrmss91

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 11:18 pm
Full Circle by Gita Gordon was good.
I read My Sister in China, It was well written but sad. I feel like the end was not complete, but due to the story, could not be. I don't want to give away the story, but those who have read it will understand.
I am starting the new book by Miriam Luxenberg, called "Bringing Mordy Home" Will see how that goes, when I can get it back from my DD.
Has anyone read "To be continued" by Rand??

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 11:19 pm
Yes I did and loved it! I’m remarried and was really relatable. I’m not sure about for those who aren’t.

Goody2shoes

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 11:21 pm
isrmss91 wrote:
I read My Sister in China, It was well written but sad. I feel like the end was not complete, but due to the story, could not be. I don't want to give away the story, but those who have read it will understand.
I am starting the new book by Miriam Luxenberg, called "Bringing Mordy Home" Will see how that goes, when I can get it back from my DD.

Yes and I didn't like it. Was translated from Hebrew. You can tell.
If anyone's still looking to buy I strong recommend pride and preference which is a spinn off of pride and prejudice. I loved that book

Crookshanks

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 11:28 pm
isrmss91 wrote:

I didn't like To Be Continued. Books that are translated from Hebrew to English are hard to read in the English version. The characters and the dialogue are so foreign it's hard to get into their heads.

Goody2shoes

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 11:30 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
I didn't like To Be Continued. Books that are translated from Hebrew to English are hard to read in the English version. The characters and the dialogue are so foreign it's hard to get into their heads.

Read the Hebrew version. Cant remember the name. That was better then the english one but still not the best book I've ever read

Crookshanks

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 11:38 pm
You wish I wouldn't be able to get through the first line in the original Hebrew 😂
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room