Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Can I add cheesecake filling to any cake recipe?

hodeez

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 3:43 pm
Can I just make a regular chocolate Cake recipe and put cheesecake batter on top of it and bake?

hodeez

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 3:58 pm
Bump

watergirl

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 3:59 pm
I dont know about your cheesecake recipe, but mine takes a very long time to bake. Way longer than a regular cake. I cant see this working.

Amarante

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 4:01 pm
I've never seen a recipe that is made in this manner. Does this exist?

Based on what I have baked, a regular cake is baked completely differently than a cheesecake. It has a different consistency and very different baking times.

I have eaten cheesecakes that have different bases - the most common is of course the graham cracker crust. But there ones that are made with a type of shortcake cookie dough - but the dough is made separately. I have also have a variant with a pretzel crust because the cream cheese part was a Margarita flavor and had tequila in it.

hodeez

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 4:01 pm
Ok thanks for saving me the disappointment Smile

Amarante

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 4:03 pm
What are you trying to accomplish? Have you eaten a cheesecake that seems like it is a cake on the bottom and cheesecake on top?

You could make a chocolate crust in the same way that you make a graham cracker crust. Maybe that is what you are thinking of. But you bake the cake and then use the crumbs to make the crust.

hodeez

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 4:04 pm
https://www.bigoven.com/recipe.....92526
This is the concept, but I don't really like how it looks. So I was wondering if I could apply the same theory with a different recipe

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 4:07 pm
My chocolate cake and cheese cake seem to bake for about an hour. So I assume they would work together

Amarante

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 4:08 pm
That is just globs of filling plopped on a chocolate batter - not really a cheesecake baked on a layer of regular cake.

Conceivably one could make a chocolate layer - make a cheesecake in the same size and then plop the cheesecake layer on top but I think it is a lot of effort.

As I wrote you could make a delicious cheesecake if you substituted chocolate crumbs. It would be like having an Oreo cookie type of crust if that makes sense.

Last edited by Amarante on Fri, May 14 2021, 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

simcha2

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 4:08 pm
Could you bake a chocolate cake and then make a no bake cheesecake recipe on top?

hodeez

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 4:17 pm
I appreciate all the suggestions, thank you!

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 4:31 pm
Follow a recipe that already figured out the heaviness between layers and the baking time.
https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-9594
Or work with muffins that are easier. Or follow a tested recipe.
https://www.kosher.com/search/.....age=3

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 4:31 pm
I would try it.
Worst case scenario, it is ugly and you have to eat it alone in the dark. -or maybe that’s the best case scenariođŸ˜‹
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics