Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Ride to Dr. In Manhattan from Monsey

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 2:29 pm
I need a ride to a Dr in Manhattan from Monsey. Is there a Bikur Cholim that offers this service in Monsey?

amother
Azure

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 2:38 pm
What time is your appointment? The chesed van leaves from Monsey every day around 10:30. It stops by most hospitals in Manhattan.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 2:41 pm
In the after noon and it's not in a hospital. What time does it go back? Maybe I can switch the appt time...?

amother
Azure

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 3:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
In the after noon and it's not in a hospital. What time does it go back? Maybe I can switch the appt time...?

It only goes to hospitals. Maybe the office is near a hospital. The route back starts I think at 2:00. You can call the driver for the schedule and stops:
845-304-1072.

tweety1

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 3:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I need a ride to a Dr in Manhattan from Monsey. Is there a Bikur Cholim that offers this service in Monsey?

Is it a one time appt or will be a continuous thing? If it will be continuous you can apply with chesed of Monsey.

Surrendered

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 3:18 pm
There's an amazing gemach in Monsey (private person) whom you can call and she tries to arrange rides to medical facilities. 845 352 1016

You can also try Chesed of Monsey 845 425 4070

tweety1

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 3:29 pm
Surrendered wrote:
There's an amazing gemach in Monsey (private person) whom you can call and she tries to arrange rides to medical facilities. 845 352 1016

You can also try Chesed of Monsey 845 425 4070

Chesed of Monsey doesn't do one time appts. They do though if it will be an ongoing issue and you have to keep on going.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 6:39 pm
I once had an early morning appointment in Manhattan. I wasn't able to figure out a ride or chessed van. I took Monsey Trails and a cab.

Getting back to Monsey at 9:30 am was really hard. Monsey trails helped out when they were able. Some drivers drop off in Manhattan and go straight to the Lincoln tunnel. I would wait in a prearanged spot.

Once they coulnt get hold of the driver, so I took a cab to Williamsburg.

Surrendered

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 7:05 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Chesed of Monsey doesn't do one time appts. They do though if it will be an ongoing issue and you have to keep on going.

They do put in the request to the volunteers. If someone responds or they anyways have a trip in that direction, you are lucky.
If you are a registered patient, they will really try and make a full effort to get you a ride.

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 9:52 pm
Surrendered wrote:
They do put in the request to the volunteers. If someone responds or they anyways have a trip in that direction, you are lucky.
If you are a registered patient, they will really try and make a full effort to get you a ride.

This
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries