Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
New hampshire

mom of many kih

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 12:19 am
Id like to go on a fam trip to nh this summer for a week. Anyone was there and stayed on an air bnb? Near minyan?
Anywhere to stay aside hotel?
Attractions for kids ranging 12-3?
Any access to kosher food?

amother
Rose

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 12:37 am
The kosher hotel is gone. It was amazing and gorgeous. NH is gorgeous in general.

mom of many kih

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 12:44 am
I dont want a hotel. Being there for a while so want grass..porch....

Knowledgeable

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 1:15 am
Following...

missknowitall

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 1:49 am
Rent a townhouse in loon village or clearbrook

Einikel

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 1:52 am
https://pmrnh.com/lodging/

I haven’t been here but I saw it advertised in Jewish papers in previous seasons.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 2:55 am
I once stayed in a place called the owls nest. There were at least 2 cabins possibly more.
On a lake.
Not Jewish.
In the white mountains.
Beautiful.

DVOM

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 6:41 am
We rented a house through Airbnb in NH right at the edge of the white mountains in Lake Chocorua last summer.

Kosher food is very limited. We drove an hour to a small chassidish bungalow colony that had a tiny grocery, only to discover once we came home that the milk we'd bought was spoiled. After that we made a trip about halfway through our stay to Boston to shop (about 2 hours away). We came up with a massive cooler of meat and chicken and made do with whatever we could buy from Walmart. We eat chalav stam, so that made things a lot easier for us. We were sharing the house with my sister and her family who don't eat chalav stam. I think it was harder for them.

But still worth it, because NH is breathtaking!

The house we rented had a semi private lake, kayaks, a little sail boat and acres of woods. This was top criteria for us because we were still being very Covid-cautious and wanted entertainment without exposure. I strongly recommend a day trip to Lake Chocorua. There is a public part of the lake. We swam and boated every day for hours.

We did a lot of hiking. The Flume Gorge at Franconia Notch SP was tons of fun. So was Mt. Washington (we drove and hiked). We loved Diana's Baths (very short, easy hike, very cool swimming hole). We drove and did a lot of small hikes off the Kankamangus Highway.

Towards the end of our month there some attractions were opening up. We spent a day at Clarks Trading Post, which was charming. We took a scenic train ride, can't remember which one, there are a bunch. If your into this sort of stuff (we're not), there are lots of extreme sports like rock climbing & rappelling.

Have a great time!

thunter

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 6:44 am
DVOM wrote:
We rented a house through Airbnb in NH right at the edge of the white mountains in Lake Chocorua last summer.

Kosher food is very limited. We drove an hour to a small chassidish bungalow colony that had a tiny grocery, only to discover once we came home that the milk we'd bought was spoiled. After that we made a trip about halfway through our stay to Boston to shop (about 2 hours away). We came up with a massive cooler of meat and chicken and made do with whatever we could buy from Walmart. We eat chalav stam, so that made things a lot easier for us. We were sharing the house with my sister and her family who don't eat chalav stam. I think it was harder for them.

But still worth it, because NH is breathtaking!

The house we rented had a semi private lake, kayaks, a little sail boat and acres of woods. This was top criteria for us because we were still being very Covid-cautious and wanted entertainment without exposure. I strongly recommend a day trip to Lake Chocorua. There is a public part of the lake. We swam and boated every day for hours.

We did a lot of hiking. The Flume Gorge at Franconia Notch SP was tons of fun. So was Mt. Washington (we drove and hiked). We loved Diana's Baths (very short, easy hike, very cool swimming hole). We drove and did a lot of small hikes off the Kankamangus Highway.

Towards the end of our month there some attractions were opening up. We spent a day at Clarks Trading Post, which was charming. We took a scenic train ride, can't remember which one, there are a bunch. If your into this sort of stuff (we're not), there are lots of extreme sports like rock climbing & rappelling.

Have a great time!

Is there near walking distance to a Shul so that this is doable for a weekend?

cupcake123

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:47 am
Following... looking for similar

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 8:07 am
thunter wrote:
Is there near walking distance to a Shul so that this is doable for a weekend?

No, many miles from a shul and not even within the techum. There are some resorts walking distance to minyan that are on the Pemigewassett River, which you can enjoy watching from your balcony and listening to through your window as you sleep, but no private lakes anywhere near shul.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 10:34 pm
Where are the minyanim? I want to go over a shabbos so need to hook an AirBNB within walking distance

mom of many kih

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 10:51 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Where are the minyanim? I want to go over a shabbos so need to hook an AirBNB within walking distance

Following. Any airbnb links near shuls would be great!

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 11:28 pm
Info about minyan, kosher food, separate swimming, etc.:

http://lincolnnhminyan.com/

mom of many kih

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 3:29 pm
Do you know if a place to stay that shabbos its walkable to minyan?
doctorima wrote:
Info about minyan, kosher food, separate swimming, etc.:

http://lincolnnhminyan.com/

m987

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 3:46 pm
I went on a road trip from ny to new ham shire last year with some stops but my favorite part was staying in New Hampshire, I will link the Airbnb we stayed at, it was beautiful and was such nice weather to go to, so much cooler than nyc. We did not go to any minyanim and for food we brought almost everything and put it in a cooler. The good part of having an Airbnb was there was a fridge and place to cook so we brought a George foreman and made supper on that.
I have heard of the Jewish kosher cabins but when I inquired they said it was after the season although it’s prob worth a shot asking
I would highly recommend going to mt Washington, I went on the cable car bc we didn’t want to ruin our brakes on our car Smile if you go, bring sweaters bc it was freezing on the top.

Link to Airbnb: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4.....sts=1

mom of many kih

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 5:52 pm
Thanks for your link. House is a bit too small. Anyone w links to a house that can fit 2 adults and 4 kids?

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 7:47 pm
Regarding shabbos minyanim, what usually happens is the chabad gives the sifrei torah out to the resorts in the area and many of them have a minyan. usually there's a minyan on shabbos in the main lodges that the frum ppl live in and the rest are mostly walking distance.

mom of many kih

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 8:09 pm
What are the main lodges that frum pple live in???

amother [ Green ] wrote:
Regarding shabbos minyanim, what usually happens is the chabad gives the sifrei torah out to the resorts in the area and many of them have a minyan. usually there's a minyan on shabbos in the main lodges that the frum ppl live in and the rest are mostly walking distance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics