Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
When to transition to crib?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 10:24 am
Mayflower wrote:
I have a 3 month old baby. She started off straight away in her own room. I slept in her room in the beginning so my husband could get a whole night of uninterrupted sleep.

The past few weeks she was waking up less (usually only once between 10:30 at night and 7 in the morning). So I moved back into my own room and set up a baby monitor. She's been sleeping from 10:30 till 6 straight since I moved out.

I do nurse very frequently during the day - usually every 2 1/2 hours.

oo nice.
I dont rly schedule her so much were doing the baby whisperer so EASY usually ends up with her wanting a little bit of a top up before sleep so she'll have an oz to get her to sleep

shes still sleeping now its almost 10:30!

stillnewlywed

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 10:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
oo nice.
I dont rly schedule her so much were doing the baby whisperer so EASY usually ends up with her wanting a little bit of a top up before sleep so she'll have an oz to get her to sleep

shes still sleeping now its almost 10:30!

What time did she go to sleep last night?? I would wake after a 12 hour night so her schedule isn't totally messed up. You have to fit naps in before bedtime.
I put my baby to sleep around 8 and he is up around 730 most days. I won't let him sleep past 8.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 11:41 am
stillnewlywed wrote:
What time did she go to sleep last night?? I would wake after a 12 hour night so her schedule isn't totally messed up. You have to fit naps in before bedtime.
I put my baby to sleep around 8 and he is up around 730 most days. I won't let him sleep past 8.

last night wasnt so good..
shes been teething and in so much pain so she just sucks on her fingers and cries Sad she finally settled around 2 am after a 6 oz feed and then woke up again at 4:00 for a 5 oz feed and then again at like 7 for a bit (I think, I cant even remember the night is a blur). and then woke up at 10:50 am

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 11:42 am
stillnewlywed wrote:

I work during the week I wake her at 7:30 to drop by babysitter Sad

if she woke up at 10:50 am today, when should I put her downfor a nap? she still does 2 hour naps during the day

stillnewlywed

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 1:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I work during the week I wake her at 7:30 to drop by babysitter Sad

if she woke up at 10:50 am today, when should I put her downfor a nap? she still does 2 hour naps during the day

Follow her regular wake windows, probably around 1.5 hours at this age.
But you’re going to have to skip a nap to get her back on schedule for tonight. In the future wake her at a normal hour regardless of how the night went.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 2:15 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
But you’re going to have to skip a nap to get her back on schedule for tonight. In the future wake her at a normal hour regardless of how the night went.

she went down for a nap at 12:15. its 2:15 now im going to wake her

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 2:17 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:

you seem to know a lot about baby naps!
can I pm u after YT? Smile

stillnewlywed

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 4:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
you seem to know a lot about baby naps!
can I pm u after YT? Smile

Sure! I'll just point you to the book Precious Little Sleep by Alexis Dubief. It's not a sleep training book. It's a great informative book about the how's and why's of baby sleep. It is the best resource for new parents. It's also a pretty funny book and easy read, and only $15 on Amazon.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics